Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 47127 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!
squee! :D

You're doing great. Keep it up. I've got enough to keep me busy so far this weekend, but the more the merrier!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Here is the Harbinger.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I also made the Synaptic Bomb. What do you think? Is there anything that I should add or change before I send it in?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Well, I can't see the nose, so I can't tell whether it's got the truncated star cut-off there or not.

Maybe you should adjust your render settings so that shadows render at 50% darkness instead of 100%.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Are these ingame or techroom models? Cause if they're for ingame, SWEET!.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
No, they're definitely techroom models. Ingame models have to be much simpler... but I am going to get them looking better than they are.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You wouldn't be able to see them if they were in-game models anyway.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Unless you were about to be hit by an incomming Interceptor or Tsunami.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Then you'd be too busy smashing up your computer to notice the high-poly goodness.

I don't know how to change the shadow darkness so I just stuck a lamp in front of it. Is this better?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Then you'd be too busy smashing up your computer to notice the high-poly goodness.

I'd be too busy lagging to even notice that they were launched at me. I seriously need a new PC... Anyone care to donate ?  ;7

Aaaaanyway, Galemp, did you get the stuff from Earth Defence/Sol: A History upgrade ( it uses the Avenger and Prometheus from Earth Defence, thanks to Shiv and ED team for permission ). If you need to see how they look, either try in-game, or I can send you a screenie ( not-full detail, cause I use the performance-increasing features, like img2dds and etc. ).

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

I'd be too busy lagging to even notice that they were launched at me. I seriously need a new PC... Anyone care to donate ?  ;7

Aaaaanyway, Galemp, did you get the stuff from Earth Defence/Sol: A History upgrade ( it uses the Avenger and Prometheus from Earth Defence, thanks to Shiv and ED team for permission ). If you need to see how they look, either try in-game, or I can send you a screenie ( not-full detail, cause I use the performance-increasing features, like img2dds and etc. ).
Chances are I'm in more need than you. And someone is in more need than both of us.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
You think you need a new PC more than ME ? Impossible. Trust me on that one. Post me your specs to assure you all on this.  :p

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
P4 1.5 Ghz
Radeon 9550 Pro 256 MB
2 GB RAM
14" CRT (rated as 19")
50 GB total HDD space where there should be 180
5 USB Ports
No USB 2 (which is a major selling point for me)
DVD Burner

Old Specs:
P4 1.5 Ghz
TNT2
128 MB RAM
Same Monitor
20 GB HDD @ 5400RPM
2 USB ports
CD Reader
CD Writer

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Even your old specs are better than my current ones.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Enlighten me...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Synaptic: ees verry niiice!

And as for Earth Defense and Sol: A History upgrades...

...are you talking about the weapon effects?! Did I just download a gig of data for a couple EFFs and a table entry?!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
And the Avenger effect does suck in ED. Looks really cartoony.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
It's the only good Avenger effect. And didn't I tell you that my upgraded SAH effects are from ED ? Though you can get more effects from it.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You did, and I knew that.