Author Topic: After seeing the video from the mod for X³  (Read 4966 times)

Offline Skullar

After seeing the video from the mod for X³
I think we should talk again about high poly models.....

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: After seeing the video from the mod for X³
So, where's the video? :nervous:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Topgun

we should ask them if we can import the models for our mod (that, of course, is ultimately better :p).

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
I really would kill for high poly models  :nod:
it's an interesting way to upgrade this project  :)
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline maje

so, which one of you fine gents is going to get around to generating these high res models?  :p
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline emi_100

I'm now working in the Sigma 957 First One's ship, i have the model but I have problems to export it in a .cob/pof file  :hopping:
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

• "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!

Offline maje

oh, you're making  a Walker's ship?  Do you have any pics of the model, because I just started on my Walkers vessel today.  I just need to model the foot bone structure and then UV Unwrap, LOD and the like.

What software application are you using?  I'm using Max 8 myself.

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline -Norbert-

Offline emi_100

sorry for my delay maje, I have a really BIG problem :doubt: on my pc... and lost ALL my data  :(

but I found a model of the Sigma Walker's ship on the internet, it have VERY very, very high poly count, but I hope it help you  :)

if you want I can sent to you
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
TO be honest, I'd start with the common ships like Human and Minbari if you are planning to go high-poly, and trust me, it's a massive time-sink.

Offline maje

sorry for my delay maje, I have a really BIG problem :doubt: on my pc... and lost ALL my data  :(

but I found a model of the Sigma Walker's ship on the internet, it have VERY very, very high poly count, but I hope it help you  :)

if you want I can sent to you

the poly count for just one foot is 1866 tris.  The top tier of feet is made of 8 feet.  That alone is at 16,000 tris.

Here's a few pics of the foot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work

I don´t. Ship development for this mod is finished. The X3 mod looks promising but I know modding it is not as easy as modding FS2. You won´t be able to develop linear campaigns as easily as you can for TBP. It will make a damn fine B5 themed trading game however.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
not to mention that you also can fred NON-linear campaigns in TBP  ;7
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

I don´t.

That's too bad, because to be blunt, TBP is starting to look very dated. With the exception of the Shadow Battlecrab, the Aurora and Badger Starfurys, and perhaps a couple of the other Shadow ships, everything has gotten very ugly over the past couple years. At the very least there is a desperate need to go back and retexture a lot of the models so they look less cartoony, as well as returret others to remove the current, laughable three-boxes-attached multipart turrets.

I'm not a B5 fanboy, and I'm not demanding excellence because I think it deserves it. TBP is practically the only contact I've had with this series, though I have tried (and failed) to locate the DVDs cheaply of late. This is straight-from-the-hip fact as seen by an outsider.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
TBP is finished!

Besides when a company releases a game do they go back and upgrade their models and game engine as soon as a new graphics card is released? No they don't because if they did they'd be in a perpetual state of development and never move onto anything else.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I still play Master of Orion 1, Wing Commander and X-Wing and I love every second of those.
Yeah, Assassins Creed on my PS3 was cool too but it's gameplay and story what defines a game and if these are good, the game is timeless.
Praise the (not exisiting to my mind) Lord for DosBox !!!    :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I've deleted a few posts here discussing the continuation of TBP and high poly model upgrades. Neither of which are going to happen. If some of you guys want to discuss your own "upgrade" then do so, but don't look at the TBP team (which doesn't exist) to do it for you.

Thread locked.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 08:19:34 am by IPAndrews »