Author Topic: The future of TBP  (Read 1697 times)

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
The future of The Babylon Project develop is this:
http://openspace.mhprj.com/index.php

[Moderator note: This is not an official update to TBP. This is a seperate project run by a third party]

So...  TBP is finish... yes, is finish for the TBP team (wich doesn't no exist any more).
Some people see that the game is... (wich word it be?).. out of date, don't you? I mean, the low texture quality, the undetail models and some FX.
I'm not , (I repeat) NOT complaint about the TBP game, is a GREAT game! But I think some things could be done to upgrade it. It could be better, I know it can be  :)

OpenSpace Softworks is develop an upgrade to the game, their primary objective is to finish the work ot the TBP team. This is a full list of main updates since Jan 2007:
   1. Stable "Newtonian" physics :D
   2. Full rebuild of the game physics (including afterburner control)
   3. Full rebuild of the "collisions model" for objects and weapons
   4. New principle of targeting system functioning (including radar range, target prediction system and IFF)
   5. New principle of the "Warp in/out" effects (including warp for Shadows)   :nod:
   6. Seperate control modes for ship - Combat mode/NAV mode
   7. New principle of Autopilot system functioning
   8. Actual to B5 universe travel in hyperspace  ;7
   9. New principle of AI functioning:
       - New acceleration factors
       - New docking sequnces
       - New AI_formation code
       - New models of behaviour in close combat
       - New "target prediction" system for AI
Besides, there're some minor updates such as two-modes mouse, new HUD, new additional parameters (fuel, oxygene, axial speed), new ENERGY TRANSFER system and some graphics updates. (really good, is't it?  ;7)

The Freespace's enigine is very good, can handle this upgrades (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSpace_2_Source_Code_Project), and maybe more  ;)
For this time we have excellent game platform with open source and with all necessary tools.

Please, you can help us to continuity of The Babylon Project's develop (see the link on the top) :)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:31:35 pm by IPAndrews »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Don't forget to include forking the code and not giving any bugger a sniff of their changes. Cause that seems to be a pretty important goal too. :rolleyes:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Nice pimp. This third party project has their own forum. Anyone who wants to discuss it. Go there. Thread locked.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.