Author Topic: Last Hope FS2 Temporal Mechanics Campaign Please Help!  (Read 61688 times)

Re: Last Hope FS2 Temporal Mechanics Campaign Please Help!
Ok, thanks to the wayback machine, it turns out Dark didn't make the Perseus 2.  Styxx did!  Is he still around?

This feels epic :drevil:

It does indeed.

By the way, are you the Haloboy from Sciforums? In that case... Star Trek>Star Wars!
Just don't give away the homeworld...

You won't find out unless you crack it yourself--whoever finds it will know the password and will also give it to Star-Epock. No reason for a normal member uninvolved with the campaign to know the password after the cat's out of the bag.

From the looks of it, Fubar and I probably have the best chance of figuring out the password.

Why not? After such a long search, I think everyone wants to know what the password is.

It's hilarious that whilst everyone tried my ICQ, nobody thought of trying my MSN ;).  I just decided to start reinstalling the SCP and found this thread! :)

Sorry to actually be no help, but I can't actually 'remember' the password.  It was password protected because the thing was being sent to testers.

I'll have a sit down and work on it (damn, its been years since I even thought about this :))
[/quote

If you sent it to testers, the testers could still be contacted.

There might be an email record of you telling them the password.

Try something generic since the testers would need to remember it.

What about the name of that new GTVA Corvette or something?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You won't find out unless you crack it yourself--whoever finds it will know the password and will also give it to Star-Epock. No reason for a normal member uninvolved with the campaign to know the password after the cat's out of the bag.

From the looks of it, Fubar and I probably have the best chance of figuring out the password.

Why not? After such a long search, I think everyone wants to know what the password is.

Because there is campaign spoiling stuff in there, I would suspect, so the less people know in advance, the better.

Damn! People could get it spoiled, yes, but after all this...

After the thing is released? Then maybe?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ok, thanks to the wayback machine, it turns out Dark didn't make the Perseus 2.  Styxx did!  Is he still around?
Rly? I don't believe so... Wait, maybe he did. I guess everyone thought DarkTM made it because DarkTM made a whole load of random renders for TM... But if Styxx made it I guess it would be in MT, not TM.

If they can't tell us the password, could they just tell us if it was a name or a just a sequence of random digits, letters, and symbols.

This feels epic :drevil:

It does indeed.

By the way, are you the Haloboy from Sciforums? In that case... Star Trek>Star Wars!
Nope.
I've never heard of the sciforums...I used to play halo 2 like crazy way back when, and then I got pissed off by the immature punks that now inhabit the fan populaton
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
This is interesting, and most definitely epic.

Maybe Griffon you could try and recall what was the most likely thing you would have used as a password back then ?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
...I can't post random suggestions, can I? :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Maybe Griffon you could try and recall what was the most likely thing you would have used as a password back then ?

I've been trying...  Tried everything I would have used in and outside the campaign at the time...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
There's no point in posting short random suggestions when people have already brute-forced out to several characters. :p

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
There's no point in posting short random suggestions when people have already brute-forced out to several characters. :p

:sigh:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.

:sigh:
Example: Don't post random suggestions or just smileys to boost your post count. I've not been brute-forcing it lately because New York is getting warmer, and I don't like my room being 80+ degrees and stuffy from the ozone.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Still have mine running 24x7.  Paused one of them for a few TBP multi games that's about it.  I check them about once a day.  Nothing yet.  Slows my weekly backups down quite a bit though.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Try!!!

fargennugenfrawnwasleavingwithamonkeyinthesackandthreedoublech eeseburgersandwiches!

You can't remember whether it was letters, someone's name, combination of letters, numbers, dates ?

For the record, I already tried q1w2e3r4t5.

Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

What lead to the idea that that would work?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
What lead to the idea that that would work?

Well it is kinda more probable than just any gibberish, seeing how it occurred to Stormkeeper it probably has occurred to someone else as well to use the first five letters and numbers on QWERTY keyboard as a password.

It's a weak password though, seeing as it isn't as random as it might look. The only advantage in it is that it's ten characters long and thus getting to it with bruteforce takes quite a while... and the odds of single person figuring the system with random experiments is pretty low. Statistically, though, it's a weak password. Better than dictionary passwords, but significantly weaker than random character string of same length.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

The best way to not get password hacked is to change it on at least a weekly basis.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.