Author Topic: Hits-left-subsystem engine0x not working in arrival cue?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Hits-left-subsystem engine0x not working in arrival cue?
Another problem with the same old mission.  I got rid of the wings and now have all the ships doing they waypoints right.  Now I have a new problem.  Since I'm not using wings I have the arrival of the next ships based on the destruction of the previous one and the status of a subsystem.  Like this:

Arrival cue for ship x 2
and
-->is-destroyed-delay
---->ship x 1
---->0
--> <
---->hits-left-subsystem
------->cap ship
------->engine0x
----> 95

Where x is the number of the engine subsystem between 1 and 8.  So if lets say it's engine03 it would be ship 3 2 arrival based on ship 3 1 being destroyed and engine03 having less then 95% strength.  Well it's not working.  with the engine03 at 97% ship 3 2 still arrives.  If I replace engine0x with say navigation then it works as expected.  Nav strength at 98 and the second ship didn't arrive.  Damaged the nav subsystem and here comes the ship.  I've tried 3 different engine subsystems with no luck.  Something I'm missing here or did I just find a new "feature". 

I'm really starting to hate this mission. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Hits-left-subsystem engine0x not working in arrival cue?
Notice that hits-left-subsystem has an additional optional boolean operator in newer builds? Use that.

By default hit-left-subsystem does something very strange when dealing with engines. It returns the hits-left as a portion of total engine strength for all the engines the ship has. Unfortunately it's done that since retail which means I couldn't change it to something more obvious without breaking it's original use.

If you use the boolean option you can make it simply return the hit-left for that subsystem. In other words exactly what you'd expect it to do.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I was afraid it was something like that.  Take it since it's not in the description of the sexp the TBP FRED build doesn't have the boolean option.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, It's fairly newish. I only added it a few months back after a fairly similar thread.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]