Author Topic: The Babylon Project DVD Preview  (Read 8986 times)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
The Babylon Project DVD Preview
With the impending certification of TBP RC2 as being FINAL, I decided it was time to start priming your guys for TBP DVD

The Babylon Project DVD is not just the 3.4b web installer thrown on a disc, oh no, it's much nicer than that.

The DVD not only have an much more advance installer, it will have the latest Campaign Pack plus a whole lot of other goodness too!

First, have a peek at the DVD Main Menu which features B5 theme music with play/pause controls and menu animations:

And here's the ReadMe in a built-in html viewer included on the DVD with working hot links:

On the Extras Menu (not shown) there are nice extras like DirectX, OpenAL, DVD Cover Art and Web Links to related sites.

OK now the DVD installer is much more advanced than the web installer and is all about giving you more control over your install options:

Not shown is the screen that allows you to browse for an install location but fear not, it's there ;)

Coming soon!

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: The Babylon Project DVD Preview
You forgot the all important beautiful screenshots you get to watch during the install. :pimp:
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
this rocks, hopefully I get my campaigns updated until you release  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Skullar

Hope there is a second one in the future, with EACW ;)

Offline Vidmaster

almost finished, FUBAR is helping me to fix the remaining bugs. Hang in tight.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm..
If it's not too much of a bother, in the top of the ReadMe, perhaps it could mention FreeSpace somewhere.. it says "based on the game by Volition Inc"... but does it mention FS anywhere?  Perhaps you don't want it to, if so, that's fine... maybe it's in the FAQ or something.  Just thought I'd mention it.

"based on the game by Volition Inc"

Well, that should be suffice ;)

Offline Vidmaster

I am done updating, sending the files to your mail hip. Please state if you recived them!

(uploading to Megaupload because of the size. So check your spam folder too, just in case!)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Hmm..
If it's not too much of a bother, in the top of the ReadMe, perhaps it could mention FreeSpace somewhere.. it says "based on the game by Volition Inc"... but does it mention FS anywhere?  Perhaps you don't want it to, if so, that's fine... maybe it's in the FAQ or something.  Just thought I'd mention it.

I agree :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Vidmaster

is mentioned somewhere that some campaigns need the INF build?

Offline Vidmaster

received mail with download, hip? please confirm!

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
not to worry, I got'em :)

operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
As you will have seen from the subtle thread name change. TBP 3.4b Release Candidate 2 has been promoted to TBP 3.4b Final.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

PARTY!!!

@Vidmaster
to grab your updated missions i must download this huge DVD package oder i can get this extra ??
I use 3.4b RC2 -> Final now ;)

greets
Peter

Offline Vidmaster

look at any of my campaign threads, last page  ;7   I also send the files to Swantz, so he can update his hosted files if he pleases  :)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Right now the DVD is not huge size difference from the FINAL (woohoo!) web installer.  ATM - I thing it wieghs in about 1.3 gb.  a few weeks after the DVD is released, I will release the Campaign Pack on the DVD as it's own stand alone installer. So everybody will be covered :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Yo, hippy... if you're doing a torrent, lemme know so I can seed.  ;)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Torrent? Absolutely!

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
 :bump:

I just wanted to note that the main menu "art" has had a "drastic change" and is FAR cooler now and no I can't post a screenie because it can't be depicted in a screenshot ;)