Author Topic: Training missions  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
by the way, I wanted to ask something about the training mission. Would you mind if I hijack it? Rewrite it for TBP (of course the dialogue too)? Because TBP really needs a tutorial for the people who just start with FS2  :rolleyes:

EA training by MAG is extremly buggy (no offense) and outdated.

So kara? Allowed to hijack the mission?    (if not, I am just going to be inspired by that mission :lol: )
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:09:45 am by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're more than welcome to hack it apart however you like as long as I get some credit for the original design. You'll have to ask Oddaelan if you want to use any of her voice acting too though.

And given what a pain in the arse I found making a training mission I'm not surprised you would rather edit mine. :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:43:06 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I guess we're talking about BTRL training missions here? I clearly didn't copy enough posts into this new thread. Bad, bad moderator. It would be nice to get a training mission onto Hip's TBP DVD. Anything we use though should clearly be a Babylon 5 training mission. That means a B5esque setting and dialogue. MAG's training mission was so obviously a copy of the FS2 one and that really irritated me. No offence intended MAG.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
If Vid is going to make a training mission then no one will play TBP because even the training is unbeatable  :D.  (no offense)
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Sorry Vid. I did laugh at that :D.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

I already stated above, I am just going to use the basic construct. I wont use her voice-files, the content would fit anyway.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's what I figured but I wondered if you'd keep any of the voice. But redoing all the dialogue is the most sensible way of doing things.

It should be possible to stick it in a B5 setting and leave it pretty hard to identify as mine. Especially if you move a few of the messages and events around.

Offline Skullar

??? We HAVE training missions !
It is called something like "IO TRAINING WING", if I remember correctly.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
We do not have training missions.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
That mission doesn't exist. In the same way that Highlander 2 and Galactica 1980 don't exist.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Your getting confused with the training missions mentioned.  I have actually planned to re-do this with some original EA based at B5.  I was planning on going round to my friends next monday who is a pro voice actor and impersinator. My old one is outdated and based around the only voice I had to work with.  Not what i would have liked to do but it served its purpose at the time. 
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Vidmaster

kara, what's the newest version of BASIC FLIGHT? I extracted it from a vp named w_patch2?

is this the recent one? if not, would you mind sending me the thing so I can start working?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's the newest one.