Author Topic: freespacekings upgrades  (Read 7362 times)

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
freespacekings upgrades
here are upgraded maps for the GTF Valkyrie and the GTB Athena i also made normal maps for both  :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/116371595/freespacekings__upgrades.zip.html :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: freespacekings upgrades
Sorry to bust your bubble but I don't like the Athena maps.

If memory serves, the original maps were already some of the highest-resolution ones in the game, and the new ones are actually worse in some areas like the missile launchers. Furthermore, if you are going to put the letters GTA on a texture, make sure A) it's in the Stop font and B) it's not on a part of the texture that mirrors. The glow and shine maps look like they have had very little effort put into them (artifacts around the glows, no shine on the cockpit glass.) There's also no normal map.

The Valkyrie maps, however, are long, long overdue for an upgrade. I extend to you my most heartfelt thanks for the diffuse map. :) That effort was well spent. I'd love to see a recolor/reskin for the Angel, and the FSU team could use that talent in upgrading some of the worse FS2 fighters.

The shine map lacks the contrast necessary, unfortunately, and the normal maps are WAY WAY WAY too strong. They seriously need tweaking.

You can work on these, or you can post your source files and I'll take a look at them. You have a lot of talent here. Maybe you could work on the Apollo, as my textures are a bit of a hodgepodge, or make normal maps for some of the other neglected FS1 ships (Scorpion, Shaitan, Amun, Anubis.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:29:34 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
He did do the Scorpion some time ago.  I believe these are his:   Clicky.

If you look at the high rez Apollo renders V did, you can also see "GTF" mirrored on the port side of Ash's fighter. :)

The Valk maps are 10,000 times better than the originals.  The normal maps however make the craft look like embossed aluminum; I can't see any detail on the ship at all with them on.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
what do think i should do the improve my athena map. :)

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
here is an improvement  of my athena map i also included the normal map. if you have any suggestions let me know :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/116901385/bomber01-01a.rar.html

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
here are the new Anubis maps there is also a normal map included.

http://rapidshare.com/files/117878134/fighter02-01a.rar.html    :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:46:03 pm by freespaceking »

Offline Admiral Nelson

The Anubis looks really good!!  I am impressed. :yes:
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
here is a pack of all the normal maps i have done so far the pack includes  the GTF Valkyrie , GTF Hercules , GTB Medusa , GTFr Chronos , PVF Anubis , PVB Osiris , PVB Amun , PVT Isis
 , PVFr Bast , PVC Aten , SB Nephilim , ST Azrael , SFr Mephisto , SC Lilith and SD Demon.

http://rapidshare.com/files/120853935/freespacekings_normals.zip.html :)

Offline Admiral Nelson

The Vasudan and Shivan normals are very good indeed.  The Amun and Bast are let down a little by the old original textures.   The Isis looks especially good now, as do the Shivan bombers. I still seem to have an issue with the Terran textures -- they make the ships look as if they were encased in embossed aluminum foil.  Even the Chronos looks silvery in this way.  Not sure if it is just my drivers and such doing this.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:14:43 am by Admiral Nelson »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Post a screenshot. It could be any number of things.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
here are the new amun maps. :pimp:http://rapidshare.com/files/127920667/Bomber07.zip.html

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:46:35 pm by freespaceking »

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
Here are some new scorpion maps. :pimp:http://rapidshare.com/files/128681218/fighter12-01a.zip.html

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:47:18 pm by freespaceking »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The Amun maps do look better, but the Scorpion glowmaps are too blurry. Refer to the Gorgon glowmaps to see how they ought to look.

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
I used a low quality jpeg for that image the textures are a lot sharper. :)

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
here are some new Shaitan maps :)http://rapidshare.com/files/133608732/bomber03-01a.zip.html

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:yes:

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I like the Shaitan a lot.  However, I'm sorry, but that Anubis does not look attractive to me.  It may just be that I haven't seen an Anubis in some time, but that doesn't remind me of it at all.  None of the parts seem to go together very well.  The rest looks ok, at least what I see in the screenshots, I haven't downloaded anything.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I like the Shaitan a lot.  However, I'm sorry, but that Anubis does not look attractive to me.  It may just be that I haven't seen an Anubis in some time, but that doesn't remind me of it at all.  None of the parts seem to go together very well.  The rest looks ok, at least what I see in the screenshots, I haven't downloaded anything.
I don't like the Anubis maps either, the green things are positively ugly, and the maps are too faded.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Cut him a break, the anubis has crap textures to begin with...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Some nice maps...B.t.w. freepsceking - there are several FS2 modding related sites that would host your downloads and files. They're not big anyway and beat using rapidshare (I hate the waiting period).
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!