Author Topic: Mission Simulator ship/weapon selection issue with the "Massive Battle" missions  (Read 2441 times)

Mission Simulator ship/weapon selection issue with the "Massive Battle" missions
Just getting into FS2/FSO recently and trying out the misison simulator in the techroom before starting the campaign.

Having an issue with the initial Massive Battle/Massive Battle 2 missions, where the weapon selection screen only shows the Ulysses and it's respective weapon loadouts even if another fighter is selected from the ship selection screen. The odd thing is any fighter selected in the ship selection screen actually flies in those missions, however it is limited to the Ulysses number and type of weapon loadouts.

Is that a known issue just with those two missions or would that affect later missions from the campaign as they appear in the mission simulator?

Re: Mission Simulator ship/weapon selection issue with the "Massive Battle" missions
:welcomeblue:
I don't remember ever seeing "massive battle" ever included with FSO...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Mission Simulator ship/weapon selection issue with the "Massive Battle" missions
Just getting into FS2/FSO recently and trying out the misison simulator in the techroom before starting the campaign.

Having an issue with the initial Massive Battle/Massive Battle 2 missions, where the weapon selection screen only shows the Ulysses and it's respective weapon loadouts even if another fighter is selected from the ship selection screen. The odd thing is any fighter selected in the ship selection screen actually flies in those missions, however it is limited to the Ulysses number and type of weapon loadouts.

Is that a known issue just with those two missions or would that affect later missions from the campaign as they appear in the mission simulator?

I experienced that problem too.  The problem is that the player is not a part of any wing.  Those missions are really not much though, just a bunch of destroyers and fighters slugging it out.  Anyone should be able to make a better BOE mission in FRED.

I don't remember ever seeing "massive battle" ever included with FSO...

Look under "Mission Simulator", and change to non-campaign (standalone) missions.

Offline Shade

Oh, those. Those are unfinished missions that somehow managed to sneak into the multiplayer mission pack. Best advice is to simply ignore them, as they're not supposed to be there and are definitely not in any releaseworthy condition (not to mention they're SP missions, which hardly belong in the MP mission pack).
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Oh... I always wondered what they were. What's SP? Do you mean FSP?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
SP = Single Player

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Oh.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Actually, any single player mission I have tried making with Alpha 1 assigned to a wing exhibits this same issue....but I'm pretty positive that because there are no other ships in the wing that causes this issue.

Is there some way to bring the wing minimum down to one ship, so to "show" people the ship they have selected and to be able to pass that selection on to the weapons loadout screen?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Huh?

Alpha 1 should always be assigned to a wing, Alpha wing. :confused:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Put together a quick Fred2 mission to check out all the flyable ships. Had to create a wing to assign Alpha 1, which indeed seems to have been the issue with those massive battle missions. The player craft had no assigned wing and thus nothing to drag and drop the ship icons to allow the weapon selection screen to recognize the different loadouts. Worked just having one ship in the wing, as in the game the other three slots are simply crossed out.