Author Topic: 3.6.10 Game View Bug  (Read 3193 times)

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
3.6.10 Game View Bug
To the Powers that Be,

I've been hostin games on saturday nights the last few weeks and have noticed a distinct lack of players! After a bit of questioning around Iv found that the game simply doesnt appear on some ppl's computers. Im a talkin about 3.6.10 of course. Tried several builds. xt-314 seems to be the most widely visible.

Please help!

Flint
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: 3.6.10 Game View Bug
I'm still betting that this is just a NAT problem. Are you sure the invisible hosts have port forwarded correctly?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I would play this if it worked on the original game, but it looks like it doesn't. Unless I missed something.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Support for retail is coming back eventually.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I'm still betting that this is just a NAT problem. Are you sure the invisible hosts have port forwarded correctly?

IP and I just had the problem trying to play some TBP multi.  I tried hosting, he tried hosting, tried the create the game while the other person is waiting in the server list screen trick and nothing.  I got it working by modifying the fs2open_pxo.cfg file to use the IP address instead of DNS.  Could this be some kind of DNS issue and not NAT? 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline ShivanSpS

I can asure you that is not a NAT problem, and is in 314xt build too.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
if it is in the xt build then its not as frequent as in the other builds........,
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well last night I joined TBP multi and everyone could see me even though they were having trouble seeing each other.

If this continues to be a problem I'll run another LANshark session and prove that the problem is packets leaving one machine but not arriving at the other one (or find a new bug).

Offline Shade

My experience has been that whether the game shows up is entirely dependant on who is hosting, making it very likely an NAT issue. Some people's games always show up, some people's never, and in two cases I've been able to help people whose games weren't showing up by getting them to turn off NAT on their router, after which everything worked perfectly.

If it were a build or server problem, it would be more randomly distributed than it is.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
When I host it seems that everyone can see. I have also forwarded 7117, which I believe is the old port. Could that have something to do with it?

I've used this build the last two weeks.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.