Author Topic: Supportships und Minijumps  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
Supportships und Minijumps
I'm freding at the moment some missions in which the heroic troop does hyperspace jumps between Star Systems. Up to now I could handle the problem with the Supportships by allow them only at the missions ending phase. But now there is need of one at the missions begining.

And now my question:
Is there a way to let disappear a called supportship, without the player gives the order?

It is since rather irritating even if the player uses AI for a short moment OW, and instead of that he acts what he should do, he puts course on the supportship that is 60 km far away!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Supportships und Minijumps
you could (DONT KNOW IF IT WORKS) use an every-time argument sexp with arguments Support1, Support2, Support3, ...     ordering the argument to jump out or use a vanish on the argument.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you add the support ship to the mission file yourself you then have complete control over it same as any other ship but the player can still call it in to dock whenever they want.

All you then need to do is turn off any further support ships arriving if the first one is destroyed.

If on the other hand you want support ships only if someone calls them in Vidmaster's solution has a reasonable chance of working (Can't say for certain without checking the code myself).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Skullar

I have never seen support ships on the series , I use them rarely if any.

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
@Karajorma
If I add a Support Ship in a Mission, the Player can't call it. But, I am not sure if you meant this...

@Vidmaster
I've not often worked with the every-time-argument or when-argument.
Possibly this is the reason why your idea with me doesnt works, And made a mistake with the conversion? If you could send as a text file Post, or to me a mission with these settings?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If I add a Support Ship in a Mission, the Player can't call it. But, I am not sure if you meant this...

Add a support ship but don't turn off support ships in the Mission Specs Editor. You should be able to call support ships still but the ship already in mission will respond.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
@Karajorma
It works this way! Thank you verry much!

@Mods
You may close this Thread.^^