Author Topic: Age of Conan  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Is anyone here playing it? What are your opinions on it? I've been considering getting it.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I want to hear opinions too. I'm also intrested in playing it.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It's just 3D streets of rage, that's how i felt after the demo at least.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Brace yourself, and no, I will not be playing it anytime soon now.

EDIT: This isn't mine, this was from another board I was on.

Feats not working
It has been reported that many Feats are not working as intended. We select a Feat, and there is no actual effect. This should have been tested a long time ago, they only needed one dev to try the Feats and it would have taken less than a day.

Combos not working
My friend is playing another class (Ranger) and he told me that many of his combos don’t do what they are supposed to do (he is putting them right). Again, I can’t see how this passed test.

Lack of in-game character customization
Passed the character creation, it is not possible to get a new haircut, to get a tattoo, to dye/color cloth/armor. It is also impossible to add clothing on top of armor. Standart MMORPG options.

World isn’t realisticly connected
We must talk to a NPC to go to another zone (loading), we can’t walk to that zone. This feels like a game where we progress throught levels, not in a big world.

Problems in character creation
The screen is often shaking and the background of the female character creation is too dark, some dark haircuts aren’t clearly visible. There is also a problem with certain colors that are caucasian in character creation but black in-game.

Warning: hiding and swimming can make you lose your hairs
There is a bug when hiding that apply a transparent texture on the hairs, this made my female assassin look so awful that I was rarely using Hide. There is also a bug when the character is in water and the camera is above water, he is bald. I can’t understand how these two passed the beta test.

My hairs = black paper sheet
If I jump I can see that my hairs are in fact a black “paper sheet” glued on my head. I have no hairs on the back of my head or above my neck.

Gem socket crashes the game
Looking at the stats of a socketed weapon crashes the game.

Downtime
I understand that with the tremendous amount of bug the devs must patch the game but it must not be during the day! Patching must be done during the night like all other MMORPG, when players are sleeping! Looks like the devs weren’t prepared for launch. When you serve dinner, you don’t put the plates with french fries on the table if the steak isn’t ready.

Can’t see maps from other zones
It is not possible to see the map from another zone if we are not in this zone.

Map bug
The map can sometimes turn all grey. There is also another bug that makes the quest location not appear on the map.

View range in options not working
Players and NPCs view range in settings is not working as intend except if 500m = 10m.

Deadly NPC discussions
It is possible to be attacked by another player when talking to a NPC.

Game stutters on high-end PC
I think this is well known, just take a look at the technical forum. People with awsome PC are having 15-20 FPS. The diversity of the configurations makes us think that the problem is on the game-side.

Game must be playable under 30 seconds
From the moment we click the icon to the moment we are controlling our character, no more than 30 seconds must pass, like in most of the other MMORPG.

Many quests are not working/not completable
Another well known problem. Many quests are broken and we can’t finish them. NPCs might be invincible, unreachable or even missing, events are sometimes not happening.

Guild city instanced
What is the point to have a city if it is in an instance ? There is no persistency in the world. If a guild creates a city, it must be added to the world and replicated in all instances. Don’t say it is not possible, many other MMORPGs have player city and housing in wild lands.

Useless guild buildings
For now, there is little to no use for guild buildings.

Crash on game quit
Everyone have this bug. Upon game exit, windows show an error message and the game ask for a bug report (that crashes too). Don’t select “Scan files” after a crash because you’ll lose an hour!

Game setting not saved
Some game settings cannot be saved and will reset after the game restart.

Loading bug
Sometimes a bug can occur while loading and it takes a long, long time to finish the loading. Some players even wait for so long that they restart the game or their PC.

Unbalanced (untested?) NPCs
Most NPCs of the same level as the player are no big deal. Some NPCs are actually bugged and can easily kill a player of same level. This happens mostly at high level. NO they are no elite.

Controls in main menu
It is impossible to change the controls in the main menu. We have to log a character.

Reserved buttons
Some buttons aren’t usable and they don’t do anything.

No auction house
You didn’t know that eh? Auction house is not working since the launch.

No bank
Same as auction house.

Collision
It is sometimes possible to pass through players.

Dispearing icons
Icons can sometimes disappear.

Player collision box
The player collision box is bigger than what we actually see.

Mount level requirement
Why allow a mount at level 40 if it is impossible to get until level 50-55.

Slow mounts
I might not be a zoologist, but I think that both a mammoth and a rhinoceros can run faster than a human walks. I don’t have the horse yet but people are reporting that it is not fast too.

Not enough GM
There is only one GM on our server (Doomsayer). It usually takes about 16 hours to get an answer but most of the time we have no answer at all because they reset the request list because it is too big. In 100% of the case, the GM couldn’t help.

Combat classes only
The only way to play the game is to play a combat class and kill things, there is no crafting-only classes. I remember in another game when “Bob” was the best and most known weaponsmith of the server. That was cool.

Skill points modification available anywhere
It is possible to modify the Skill point anywhere. You are in a dongeon and you need to sneak ? Change the skill points. It is not realistic, it needs a NPC like the Feats.

Guild city attack exploit
The guild cities are currently bugged and is attackable 24/7.

Wrong version error
Sometimes on login the game says that the version is wrong. A restart is needed.

Many NPCs don’t drop any loot
So I can’t take his weapon, shirt, pants, eyeball, anything ? Is it sewn on him ?

Impossible to know which instance you are in
Creates problems to group...

Item stats alignment problem
Sometimes, the numbers in the item stats aren’t aligned with the text.

Environment bugs
It is possible to fall in a hole and to being able to get out.

Guild city text bug
There is some lorum lpsum in the guild city menu.

Un-deletable intro
Most games allows the player to delete the video intro. If you delete them in AoC (Nvidia, Eidos, etc), you’ll download them again... 650mb...

Un-skipable video/tutorial
Tired of watching that pirate attack/drowning intro? Watch it again!

Static NPCs
Here is an early conversation:
- “Hi sir.”
- “Hey, can’t you see I’m busy building a dam to stop the lava?”
- “Hmm, no sorry, I thought you were just standing there doing nothing.”
World is dead, except for guards, NPCs aren’t doing anything most of the time. Mobs are just standing around their campfire, waiting to be killed.

Ranged weapon range is too short
The throwing weapons range is really small, most of the time we aggro the enemy before being able to throw. My ranger friend also confirm that the bow range is a little bit too small.

Emote selection fastidious
/wave isn’t good enough ?

Lot of not working emotes
Many of the emotes don’t show any animation.

Missing emotes
Many emotes available in all games aren’t here. /dance is not there? lol

Impossible to try an item before buying it
I don’t know why this options is not present. Every game where we can buy stuff have a preview window.

Can’t jump certain obstacles
The wall is lower than the jump, yet we can’t jump on the other side.

Can’t climb most of the ladders
Why bother showing them then ?

Instances and population
Ok this might be the major problem of the game. It works this way: when a zone contains a certain number of player, it creates another instance (copy) of the zone. This number is currently very very low and it is not rare to see very few players. Don’t say it’s because of the lag, graphics or collision. Other games with as good looking graphics and collision have hundreds of characters with no problem. Most of the people think that it is made that way to allow the Xbox users to play without too much trouble. Yet another game of lower quality because of console.

Boss respawn problem
Sometimes a boss can’t respawn if another particular mob isn’t present.

Mount attack bug
Currently it is almost impossible to have a mounted combat because the mount disapears at almost each hit.

Send tell fastidious
We can’t right-click on a player to send a tell to him. This gets tricky with players with names like Ðametor.

Tell sound notice
I’m sure I missed many tells because there is no sound when we receive one.

Friend list too small
Is anyone really using the small version ? Each time we open it, we have to click the arrow to expend it.

Group dot on radar
“Don’t move, his visual acuity is based on movement. He will not see you if you don’t move.” – Dr. Alan Grant

Few gear models
There isn’t many models for the shirts/pants/weapons. A level 50 can look like a level 10. Everyone looks the same.

Account webpage
This is not directly linked to the game but the account webpage looks like it was created by someone who just discovered HTML and tried to type a bunch of links. Very un-professional and bulky look.

No trial cd-key
A very important aspect, to test the game before buying it. It is currently impossible.

Color bugs after alt-tab
In certain areas, the game can be corrupted after an alt-tab and strange big shapes of color appear and flash everywhere in the screen.

Falling NPCs
Some NPCs are stuck in a falling animation while on ground and they are invincible.

Invincible NPCs
Some NPCs are static and invincible.

No voice acting
Sometimes the voice acting stops in middle of sentences in Tortage.

No macro options
Can’t create macros and shortcuts.

No item sorting in vendor
Items are all listed on the same page and are displayed in random positions. Every good RPG have a sort function and even filters and grid system.

Classes with high armor type can’t wear low armor type
This blocks many RP possibilities and it is not realistic.

Can’t hide cloak
I’m still looking for a game where the cloaks aren’t ugly or poorly animated. The option to turn it off is a standart in most MMORPG.

Only two rings
I have ten fingers! Ok forget the thumbs, eight.

No keyring
This might not be essential right not but all MMORPG need a keyring. It’s a matter of minutes to program. Why wait to add it?

Submit bug (ctrl-B) minimizes the game
Pretty bad idea when you need to see the game to submit the bug and since alt-tabbing takes a long time (a couple of seconds), it makes submitting a bug a fastidious task that we stop doing after some time.

Cost of walls
A guild wall cost about 2g, a building also cost about 2g. A city needs many walls.

Stamina bugs
Stamina depletes too quickly when sprinting. Regen might also bug during combat so we are out of Stamina.

Lack of quest at high levels
Finding quests past 40 is hard, 50-60 is really a pain for those how don’t like to grind.

No voice acting past tutorial
Why tease us with great gameplay then withdraw it?

Useless quest rewards
Back in tutorial a guy gave me a wooden leg... it would be cool if I could cut my leg to wear it but I couldn’t. Many other quest rewards are useless, some kinds of potions, unequipable armor and unequipable weapons are the most popular ones.

Mount calling problem
The mount must be an ability (something like “call mount”), not an item. I’m still trying to find my mammoth but I think I lost it at the bottom of my left pocket.

Lack of interface customization
It is not possible to move most of the UI panels.

Impossible NPCs
The most popular one is the dude at the entrance of Tortage. His problem? He have a caucasian body and the head of a black Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Night bugs
The moon is always full, the night is almost as bright as the day.

Aggro range bug
Mobs sometimes aggro from far, far away and even sometimes when out of vision.

Misc
- Silly jump animation
- Hairs go throught most helmets
- Few chat customization options
- Some NPCs don’t drop quest items
- No sound during ressources harvesting
- Impossible animation for some ressources harvesting
- Impossible animation for some items crafting
- Invisible item crafting
- Crafting available everywhere
- No XP gain indication on quest success
- Not enough profession
- Guild members list and friends list must be separated
- Can’t lock an item to prevent accidental sell
- No “Sell all” button
- Boss respawn is too long
- No logout button

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What game's that referring to? :huh:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Habeeb it...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
so does anyone here actually play it?

I ask because my new job is being a GM for AoC and i start tomorrow.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Jeryko

I'm going to wait for a trial before I buy it.  I was in beta though.  Was not bad.
JBX-Phoenix

Offline Shade

Nope, was tempted, but I haven't really the time to commit to such a game. Best of luck, though, I know of a couple of examples of people who got into game development by starting as GMs, so if that's what you're aiming at it's not a bad good entrypoint :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Turambar

Played a couple hours last night. seems pretty fun.

theres some serious retards on this game though.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
theres some serious retards on this game though.
MMOs will always have some serious retards. Its a requirement for the MMO to be successful.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I ask because my new job is being a GM for AoC and i start tomorrow.
A paid job? How did you apply and what were the requirements, just curious. :)

I bought the game and I've been playing almost a week now. My necromancer is just lvl 16. I'll probably roll Dark Templar and maybe Tempest of Seth or Bear Shaman too. DT at least. This game was release a bit too early IMO, lots of bugs, unfinished content and balance issues. Those will all be ironed out with time, but some issues just requires better than average nerves from players.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
You can actually apply for the position of GM on WoW from the official Blizzard website. Its in their jobs listing, under customer service.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This topic is about AoC, not WoW.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Yea, I was just pointing out that being a GM is a paying job, and that you can apply directly from the page of the publisher, that's all. Seeing as how both AoC and WoW are MMOs, I figured they would require mostly the same things. Being a GM is mostly customer relations, after all.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I asked those questions mainly because Blizzard requires that their GM's move to live in Velizy, France or Cork, Ireland. I wonder if Funcom requires GM's to live somewhere as well and in the case they don't, I wondered whether it is actually a paid job. Perhaps it is obvious for some that an MMO GM is a paid job no matter the location.

Offline Turambar

Funcom's GM office is in Durham, NC, which is a 20 minute drive from where I live.  Very convenient (my area is rapidly growing for gaming corporations).