Author Topic: Fortune Hunters 2259 bug  (Read 9226 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Re: Fortune Hunters 2259 bug
I cannot disable the engines of the Brakiri Cruiser in the second mission, where to aim ????

Wingmans also unable to get it

I found that one a bit difficult. But you can target the engine, but you have to get between the main body of the ship and the outer section, and just shoot at the main body where your target crosshairs are.

It took me 4 tries to finish that mission.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
NM. found it.

(Error appears to be: engine01)
File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open 3.6.9 - BtRL\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line:5811
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

That is what is at the bottom of the error list

Did you change the ship class of your fighter or wingmen's in the loadout screen? I've recently spent several hours fixing a ton of bugs like that in 3.6.10 and I suspect the cause is the same thing.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

you cannot in that mission  :)

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

As far as I know, I can not change the ships in that mission. Also as things stand I can not complete that campaign and I really do want to do just that.

Offline Vidmaster

AGAIN: FH2260 requires the INF build.

In your TBP folder are 8 executables:
- fred2_open_3_6_9
- fred2_open_3_6_9_debug                 All of these are different versions of the map editor
- fred2_open_3_6_9_inf
- fred2_open_3_6_9_debug_inf

- fs2_open_3_6_9
- fs2_open_3_6_9_debug                   All of these are different versions of the game itself
- fs2_open_3_6_9_inf
- fs2_open_3_6_9_inf_debug

- the debug versions are just needed when you encounter crashes so ignore them if you don't.
- the INF versions feature additional ships but dont work in multiplayer
- the rest are the standart (and default) executables

a few campaigns require the INF build, like my FH2260.

Thank you for explaining that for me. Will I have to start over?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I believe so since the pilot files/data are stored different directory for inferno.  Give it a try and see what happens.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

i bean trying to bug hunt the proplem few hours now. And i could now whats the proplem. I thing the avenger.pof is not compatible with this b5 relese version. I dont have any modding skills, so i can say for sure. But just giving idea what it could be.
Partolling outside Babylon 5 and looking for a beautiful space.

Offline Vidmaster

if that's the case, then tell me:

- why I can play the whole FH campaign on my machine, including all missions after 2260Mission6 (all of those have the Avenger)
- why I am able to Fred FH2261 at the moment and still don't have a crash with that Avenger

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Yeah. Seems you have a problem. I think that you may have a stray table file in \data\tables.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Demitri

I'm having a problem with FH2260 intro as i keep getting a CTD at exactly the same point. Its just after the Brakiri ships jump to hyperspace and then shows the Shadows firing. Crashes right at this point. I noticed another post about this earlier on in this thread but there didn't seem to be an answer. Is there a way to fix or possibly skip the intro if it keeps crashing?
"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies!
Like Englishmen and Scots!
Or Welshmen and Scots!
Or Japanese and Scots!
Or Scots and other Scots!
Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!" - Groundskeeper Willie

Offline Daeron

• The guy playing with a mouse

Toss the attached file into your mission folder. I can't find the original link anymore, but this fixed the intro for me.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline Vidmaster

the file is still in the FortuneHunters thread and it's the standart file in the new version

for FH2259+60 there are planned add voices for the future ??

Greetings Peter

Offline Vidmaster

yes, after 2261 is released, I am going to search for actors.

Curious if I will find some since my writing in Hunters is a little weird (intentional, no campaigns by me are equal).
The actual ingame dialogue is primitive but there is a huge contrast to the monologues in the command briefing.

Coool....
My english is not so well.. but for short samples count on me...

Greets Peter

Offline Demitri

Toss the attached file into your mission folder. I can't find the original link anymore, but this fixed the intro for me.

Thanks. Works a treat now.
"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies!
Like Englishmen and Scots!
Or Welshmen and Scots!
Or Japanese and Scots!
Or Scots and other Scots!
Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!" - Groundskeeper Willie

Offline Vidmaster

still, you should download the newest version of FH, it fixes and improves a lot of things.  :)
Just redownload and replace the old vp!

Offline Vidmaster

Seems like even in the newest version the glitches in 2259M4 are not fixed. AND I FINALLY KNOW WHY!
For some reason, Fred has assigned many ships the same special hit point index  :mad:

How can something like that happen?