Author Topic: Maybe i just suck but...  (Read 14628 times)

Re: Maybe i just suck but...
On my second retry of the mission, I took out 2 (I was on Easy difficulty at that time). I found it most difficult to take down the ship that came AFTER the Sathanas, as I was bingo on any arnament and had 11% hull left...

On my second re-run of the campaign (at medium) I took out all 4 (The hint was: Keep a support ship near!). On my third re-run of the campaign, I gunned down all 4 (There are actually 5 as Goober has demostrated with his video's somewhere around here... The one at the back of the Sathanas can be taken out for bonus points), and then proceded to the next mission, where I reloaded on bombs and used a Dual-Helios on a wing of Manticore fighters, which to my suprise actually hit...

Fireworks!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
And I had sound.

And it's mainly from TrashMan's monkeying.

That should be 287 titles, kara gave me mine.
How do you that is one of the titles they are talking about? :rolleyes:
I asked him. :rolleyes:
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's total number of members with a custom title.  Not the number of members I've given titles to.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Do admins give themselves their custom titles?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Yup. Goob gave himself one as a mod a few years ago, IIRC. He was advertising DEM.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You don't actually need to warp out in time, you can hang out at the node and have fun vaporising the waves of dragons that keep warping in right next to you.
That's news to me. Then theoretically, can't you take down the Nebiros there then with just trebs? :P (oh wait...no support. darn.)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You can take it out with Kaysers, if you want to stay for a while.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You can take it out with Kaysers, if you want to stay for a while.
I never knew Kaysers can bypass the big damage flag... Hmm...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
No, once you get past 15%, the damage done decreases exponentially. The ship isn't actually immune to small weapons.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I always thought it was 10%... Are you sure?

And IMO the big damage flag should be changed, so that the amount of damage decrease is more subtle, so that it starts decreasing the damage at 99%, so that you don't have 5 Orions sitting around with 10% hull.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Since when do you ever get to have the time to blast at Orions/whatever for that long without getting pwnt?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
And IMO the big damage flag should be changed, so that the amount of damage decrease is more subtle, so that it starts decreasing the damage at 99%, so that you don't have 5 Orions sitting around with 10% hull.

That would probably alter balance, but it'd be much prettier.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Since when do you ever get to have the time to blast at Orions/whatever for that long without getting pwnt?
With super Maxims.

With super Maxims.

And while using time compression

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
But when?

But when?

you could take out the first ravana in the neb after everything else has warped
although the next mission would be screwed plot-wise

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I always thought it was 10%... Are you sure?

So then you have 5 Orions sitting around with 1% hull, rather than 5 Orions sitting around with hull values distributed somewhere between 10% and 1%?

Exponentially decreasing the damage like it's done now is a much more subtle solution (at least to most players).
-C

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Forgive me if I'm wrong but by "decreases exponentially" doesn't that mean asymptote, meaning that the hull will never reach 0, so the large ships really are immune from small arms.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I already did that, and then I reverted it.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
One thing i learned from that mission is that take a dive bomber approach goes a long way. Picking a good vector, locking on, afterburners and launch on a good vector to make sure your bombs are on their way and  pull up. I've noticed without this approach and just sitting there and lobbing bombs at the turrets that most of the time the bombs just detonate slightly below the beam turret and doesn't do full damage to the tip of the beam (i remember doing only 20% damage with dual helioses once just sitting there lobbing bombs). The dive bomber approach is good because it's fun, it gets your bombs more on target more and more damage done. Usually you want your bomb to hit the midsection of the turret tip and then you'll know you're good.

The other reason the dive bomb approach is a must do, is because helioses and cyclops bombs are slow as hell. What's even worse is their maneuverability. Oh man, i sat back once years ago on this mission, lobbed a helios at the top left sath turret, and the ****ing bomb took forever circling the turret before prematurely exploding and doing only 10% damage, i was like wtf?!?!

The other reason for doing the dive bomber approach. You'll probably beat the mission without needing to skip or cheat on it. That mission really does require precise bombing to destroy turrets faster and sometimes people get all 4. I've only ever gotten 3 turrets on my best try.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.