Author Topic: No chat clips with PSI-ships?  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
No chat clips with PSI-ships?
Is it wanted that no clips are to be seen around a PSI ship if its spamming?

I see this in a mission I've fredded again and again.
There is a PSI-Aurora and a PSI-Command-Ship talking something. Every Time I try the Mission again there are no clips. Did you made a kind of Stealth-Chat
or is it a bug?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: No chat clips with PSI-ships?
When you create your message in FRED you must specify an animation (.ani) to play. If you don't specify one you won't see one. If you specify one that doesn't exist (spelling mistake?) you won't see one.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
When you create your message in FRED you must specify an animation (.ani) to play. If you don't specify one you won't see one. If you specify one that doesn't exist (spelling mistake?) you won't see one.
I know.
I specified messages with existing ships. I used pilot_EA_clarke.ani and capcomm_EA.ani. The Ani is shown. In the Messages Text i see that the specified ship is chatting. What i do not see, are the clips round the chatting ship.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
"clips" = highlight box? Make sure the message references a ship name, which isn't proceeded by a hash.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
With Clips, I mean the... äh Clips that show you the position of the chatting ship. Don't now if this is called highlight box.

Using other Ships like the normal Aurora it is working... don't know why. So I ask.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I have no more suggestions. Clearly your installation is possessed by the devil. I suggest finding a priest.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The only reason I can think of why the highlights wouldn't appear is if you've used #Name of Ship instead of Name of Ship. Or if you've typed in the name manually and the ship doesn't actually exist cause you've misspelled it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
the use of the # can be dangerous. You may get messages by ships which have been killed.

Still, I for example always use the # since I don't like the white box for TBP...  ...doesn't seem to fit. Like anis.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.