Author Topic: Blizzard Splashscreens  (Read 8504 times)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Blizzard Splashscreens
Something is afoot!

The Blizzard website has a new splashscreen that appears to be changing. The ice seems to point, logically, to the impending release of Wrath of the Lich King (my bad). However, some believe this could be the announcement of the Second Coming Diablo III. Only time will tell.

First splashscreen:

Second splashscreen:

Third splashscreen:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 08:44:21 am by Mefustae »

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Re: Blizzard Splashscreens
Seems like Wrath of the Lich King to me..

4 openings for a next-gen MMO ... plus a bunch of 3D environment openings. And design openings too.  Sounds like a new project, alright. If they're gonna turn D3 into a MMO, I'll be torn between irritation, amusement and flat out joyfulness.

:lol: Go to the main page, and feast your eyes on the ZERG ENERGY DRINK!

=edit=
Take a closer look at the splash. There are runes around the central section of the picture. One of the bigger ones on the left seems familiar to me. Looks decidedly Protoss to me.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
=edit=
Take a closer look at the splash. There are runes around the central section of the picture. One of the bigger ones on the left seems familiar to me. Looks decidedly Protoss to me.
Kotaku's got some folks who reckon those runes correspond to some of the runes in Diablo II. Flimsy, sure, but it's something.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Holy Sathanas! That DOES look like the Hel rune! No wonder it looked familiar. Number of times I've assembled the rune word Silence (Dol-Eld-Hel-Ist-Tir-Vex)...

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I like Leaf for my fire sorceresses. Cheap, easy, and oh so effective.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I was a sword barb. So i had twin colossus blades, both of them Silences. Boosted by resistances off the charts, since each blade adds 75 resist, plus my barb's own natural resistance.

I named him Srin Odessa after the MW4 Mercs character, then later realised Srin was a she.  :doubt:

Offline SPARTAN-367

• Olly olly oxen free
    • SPARTAN-367 (PAT)
cool stuff! I wonder how Diablo III will look like...
- SPARTAN-367 (PAT)

Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied.

"TROOPERS we are GREEN, and very very MEAN!"

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Its not announced that its D3. Its just speculation. It could also relate to Wrath of the Lich King, but there is no doubt that Blizzard is working on another MMO.

Besides, I don't really call Diablo having much crystals. Only in the Throne of Destruction, and those were red.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Stars, now. But I suspect it's just something to do with Wrath of the Lich King, or maybe Starcraft 2. Blizzard know their fans well - more than likely these mixed signals are very deliberate.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Yea true, but you cannot deny the fact that blizzard is working on a next gen MMO....
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 05:56:31 am by Stormkeeper »

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I wish I could.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Me too. I wouldn't want Diablo 3 to be another WoW.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
http://www.worldofwar.net/n/414868/blizzard-image-solved

It seems the rune is the same as one of the runes in Frostmourn (Artha's Sword).
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Mefustae's Kotaku link had that theory too.

And that article is based on the first splash, not the second and now third splash.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53312

Confirmed that they're announcing a new title.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
A new splash screen is up. The central image looks distinctly like the forehead of a Protoss.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
World of Starcraft, then?

EDIT: Ah, but the ambiguity continues. If you connect the symbols on the ice it creates a pentagram. Oh, Blizzard, you cards.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:17:45 am by Ransom Arceihn »

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Oh ? Does it now ...

Holy Sathanas you're right!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
And no one's noticed the pentagram, except Ransom?
Looks like someone did notice it; its number 20 on the link flipside gave.

That face in the middle can fit the Protoss perfectly too, because of that little ridge in between. When's the exact date of WWI?

Blizzard really know how to make the fans stress.

Also, what is this Lost Viking ? It seems to have some precedence in the splash images too, not the least because of the PPE (Purple Penguin of Evil)'s number codes.