Author Topic: Blizzard Splashscreens  (Read 8493 times)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Re: Blizzard Splashscreens
Confirmed. It's Diablo 3.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
YESSS!!! YESSS!! HOLY SATHANAS ITS DIABLO THREEEEE!!!
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Cinematic and gameplay trailers. **** yes.

This is the most excited I've been about a Blizzard game since, well, Diablo 2.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
You know whats the best part?

ITS NOT AN MMO! WOOT!

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I suspect those 'Next-Gen MMO' job listings were actually a bit of clever misdirection. Diablo's gameplay is MMO-like in many ways - probably this is indeed the project they referred to.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
They still have at least one unannounced project in the works; if this is Project Hydra, then the other one must be an MMO.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Wasn't "Hydra" the code-name for the MMO?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
O-rly? Well, then you know what all those job listings ar--

.... I just thought. Maybe its a Lost Vikings MMO?

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Looks pretty sweet....downloading the trailers right now.  The Cinematic trailer is what you'd expect from Blizzard which means its jaw droppingly gorgeous!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Awesome, I was hoping it would be Diablo 3! :D

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Awesome awesome awesome. I like the new Barbarian's charge skill! In fact, I'm going to re-install D2 now ... Maybe the mods could change the topic to Diablo 3 :D

Offline SPARTAN-367

• Olly olly oxen free
    • SPARTAN-367 (PAT)
So its gonna come out in 3 years.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
- SPARTAN-367 (PAT)

Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied.

"TROOPERS we are GREEN, and very very MEAN!"

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Diablo III, eh? So, yeah, who was right?

Yep, I was. That's me. Right on.

Thankyouverymuch.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
wewt.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Is anyone else kinda disapointed?  I've watched both the theatrical and gameplay trailers, and while i'm sure the game will be awesome....it just seems to be more of the same.  even Starcraft 2 suffers from...well this is the same game we palyed eons ago, just prettier and a different plot line.  I was really hoping for a new title, something different but with that same level of Blizzard quality... instead it seems like they're out of original ideas and will forever be cranking out Warcraft (thanks to the new starcraft engine there's bound to be 4 right?), Starcraft and Diablo versions every so often.

I'm much more excited about Spore, Prototype, Dead Space, and Tom Clancys HAWX, and other new IPs then i am about rehashes of old titles...
(i know there where alot of console games on there, but my pc is lacking as of late and i can't play the newest of the new...)

Anyone else with me?

PS: this doesn't mean i won't buy Starcraft...i likely will....may even give diablo a chance, but was never into it the same way.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Diablo 3 is more exciting than Starcraft 2 because while there's been a ton of great RTSes since the first Starcraft, there's been nothing to replace Diablo 2. I mean, Titan Quest was cool, but all it really did was make me want a new Diablo game more. A lot of people have been waiting for this for a long time and Blizzard would be crazy to try bringing out a new IP at this point.

I'll admit I am hoping for a new Blizzard IP after this, though. But it's Blizzard - they've always been perfectionists more than creators.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Actually, Thor, I tend to play by it by ear. The post-D3 announcement euphoria has worn off, so yes, I do agree that the gameplay does look similar.

However, it appears a tad slower paced than D2 to me. And its only probably in pre-alpha, so there's still a long way to go, and I think, if I were Blizzard, I'd premier D3 with some similar gameplay stuff, to assure the fans that, "Hey, its a new game, but don't worry, it will be familiar to you guys." Then as time goes on, I'd preview newer stuff.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
that makes sense stormkeeper and ransom.  I'm still not enthused about it, but hopefully this will make the fans boys happy so the blizzard guys can get to something new  :P
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Is anyone else kinda disapointed?  I've watched both the theatrical and gameplay trailers, and while i'm sure the game will be awesome....it just seems to be more of the same.  even Starcraft 2 suffers from...well this is the same game we palyed eons ago, just prettier and a different plot line.  I was really hoping for a new title, something different but with that same level of Blizzard quality... instead it seems like they're out of original ideas and will forever be cranking out Warcraft (thanks to the new starcraft engine there's bound to be 4 right?), Starcraft and Diablo versions every so often.

I'm much more excited about Spore, Prototype, Dead Space, and Tom Clancys HAWX, and other new IPs then i am about rehashes of old titles...
(i know there where alot of console games on there, but my pc is lacking as of late and i can't play the newest of the new...)

Anyone else with me?

PS: this doesn't mean i won't buy Starcraft...i likely will....may even give diablo a chance, but was never into it the same way.

No you're not the only one, thats what I've been saying in all "woot Blizzard" topics I see around here.

Although, they seem to dramatically change something in D3... the visual style at the moment is the same crappy cartoonish style of SC, W3 and WoW... being completely different (and for the worse IMO) then D1 and D2... but hey! its Blizzard: cartoons are da ****s!!! :P
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I like the fact that you can drop a wall on your enemies though. And if the sorceress is still there, and they implement rag doll physics like in Titan's Quest ... Well. Let's just say that a lot of bodies are gonna fly around the place.