Author Topic: Playing TBP in Widescreen mode  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Daeron

• The guy playing with a mouse
Playing TBP in Widescreen mode
I recently installed final version of TBP and I have to say, I love how it turned out. I played an older version but lurked on these forums ever since.

I have one little question though, as the topic mentions. After I last played TBP I bought a widescreen for my PC, or rather I had to buy a widescreen, the old one broke and they just didn't sell 4:3 anymore.

Now I've been trying to figure out what the best setup for this. Due to misalignment I switched back to 4:3, so everything is just a little stretched, but I wonder whether there is a better solution?

I read here http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,51247.0.html that you can use -fov launcher flag to adjust the misalignment while playing with widescreen settings?

Was wondering if anyone else plays with settings at 1024x768 and uses this feature. What's the best set up?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:19:12 pm by Daeron »
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Re: Playing TBP in Windowed mode
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Command-Line_Reference

This page has the recomended settings for -fov and other flags that have to be manually entered
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Daeron

Re: Playing TBP not in Windowed mode, but WIDESCREEN MODE
Thanks, hadn't caught that before.

Setting -fov at 0.39 got rid of the worst of it, you still can see a little bit of misalignment, but it's negligible I think.

Will take some getting used to the new view perspective. Babylon 5 almost completely filled my screen even at long distances, heh. But at least I won't be able to miss my target now.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:21:08 pm by Daeron »
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Personally I use one of the .10 exe builds to run TBP in native widescreen and works great for me but please note that using the .10 builds is not officially supported by TBP, so keep that in mind.

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Daeron

Re: That's Widescreen.. right here.
Thanks hip63, that worked like a charm. :yes:

I'm using fs2_open_3_6_10-20071028T which runs TBP without issues and widescreen runs smoothly for me, without any misalignment.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52260.20.html

Of course, I'll just have to switch to 4:3 for campaigns using the inf build, but so not complaining.   :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:22:14 pm by Daeron »

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Of course, I'll just have to switch to 4:3 for campaigns using the inf build, but so not complaining

Actually, no you don't  ;)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54011.0.html

and hey, if you don't mind, change the title of this thread title to "Playing TBP in Widescreen mode" so others can see what this thread is really about (now anyways) :nod:

hip63 :p
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:47:03 pm by hip63 »
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Daeron

Re: Playing TBP in Widescreen mode (What? Stop looking at me.)
 :jaw: Thanks!  :D

EDIT: And changed the topic. Hadn't even noticed the mistake until you pointed it out.  ;7
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:22:49 pm by Daeron »