Author Topic: Attention Hip!!! (and other interested)  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Attention Hip!!! (and other interested)
- corrupted upload -

« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 06:55:25 am by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Re: Attention Hip!!! (and other interested)
OK man I got it.

hip63 :p

operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Will it cause any problems since there are 2 voices in the multiplayer pack with the same path and name?  Don't even know how you did that one Vid.  They both play in the viewer. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
How did you fix the sound problem?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

@Fubar: this double sound problems happens every time you create a .vp (was in the old one too). Just ignore it.

@Kara: I removed the custom 'music' :lol:    After all, I wanted this mission to be different and this means no usual music. The track I added were just strange background noises and water noises heavily edited by me. The goal was to create a weird feeling while dogfighting, since the map is weird too. Now, it is silent which is kind of disturbing too.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

oh, I almost forgot. Do me a favour and screw up the training one time, best by doing something immensely stupid like attacking your instructor or your carrier...   

Ransom did such an great job interpreting my lines, it's awesome. And he will kick your butt after you screw up  :) Awesome!

(you could also listen to the sound file but that's cheap!  :ick:)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 06:55:11 am by Vidmaster »

(you could also listen to the sound file but that's cheap!  :ick:)
Is not. How else could you listen to the outtakes of FS2?

You'd rather hear "DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! Hit your burners now pilot!" for the first time in VPView rather than playing Lion's Den??

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Fantastic voice acting, and dialogue in that training mission.  :lol: Have you ever considered writing a parody campaign Vid? You're quite the comedian.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Daeron

• The guy playing with a mouse

I found a potential bug in the first mission.

Spoiler:
When Beta 2 - Instructor gets the order to kill Gamma 2 after you finish ordering Alpha 1 to form on your wing. He'll get in range, but won't fire, just sit there. I replayed the mission several times and it happened every time. Also ran debug mode but that didn't provide anything.

I tried using cheat- `K to kill off Gamma 1, but then when it was my turn to kill Gamma 2 my primaries weren't activated.
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline Daeron

And on another note, Black Children now refuses to appear into my campagin menu, so does the new Fortune Hunter Campaign.

Playing on a PC with just basic TBP 3.4b, though.. will try reinstalling tomorrow. Maybe something got corrupted on my end at some point.  :sigh:
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline Vidmaster

not good, sounds like a corrupted upload. Everything works for me here  :rolleyes:

EDIT:
Confirmed, I redownloaded the files and now they don't work for me too. Corrupted upload  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hip, don't use those files.

FH and DC don't even show up and the Training mission behaves weird. I started it one time and got the you wasted the full bank of Venoms message, next time everything was in order at the beginning but then the Instructor told me I was too slow when he didn't even told me what to do and so on.
Nothing of this happens with my old version here... :ick:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:09:14 am by Vidmaster »

Offline Vidmaster

I found the problem.
It wasn't the actual upload that was corrupt, it was my bundle of the individual .vps.

I am starting a new upload. Let's hope Hip read this thread before starting to compile the DVD  :nervous:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
@Kara: I removed the custom 'music' :lol:    After all, I wanted this mission to be different and this means no usual music. The track I added were just strange background noises and water noises heavily edited by me. The goal was to create a weird feeling while dogfighting, since the map is weird too. Now, it is silent which is kind of disturbing too.

To be honest you probably should have left it in. At the moment it only works on the server but if the SEXP gets fixed (something I am actually working on) then it would work for everybody eventually.

If it was something critical to the mission I could understand but since the only difference you make by taking it out is less atmosphere for the player on the server it probably wasn't worth losing.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Daeron

Checked the new bundle. On first glance, Achen Schooling Flight got corrupted again. At the start of the first mission you get told  about wasting the full bank of Venoms again. And again the instructor won't fire on Gamma 2.

Dark Children and FH do show up in the campaign menu now. But, I haven't checked them yet.

Maybe you should upload the files individually instead of trying to compress them. Or try using SFV.

Offline Vidmaster

no, this time it's my fault. No corruption. It's a buggy campaign file.  :mad:  (which explains why testing always worked, because I used the single mission)    The weapons pool is empty, therefore your ship doesn't have Venoms. So horrible.

This results in Beta1 having no venoms (or 40mm) and Beta2 having nothing to shoot Gamma2  :ick: I am very frustrated with myself here :doubt:    Hopefully hip didn't already compile his DVD using my 'working' :shaking: replacement.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:11:43 am by Vidmaster »

Offline Vidmaster

good news.

1.) I found the ASF problem: A very nasty combination of a bad campaign file and the Scramble flag  :mad:
2.) hip hasn't used the files => we will get a working DVD  :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=63HLXVAD
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:56:50 am by Vidmaster »

Offline Vidmaster

if there are still problems, I don't care. This one is playable, that's enough.

Offline Daeron

if there are still problems, I don't care. This one is playable, that's enough.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Vidmaster

well, look at it from my perspective. I have this nice bundle, everything is tested and works fine.
Then I upload it and everything is broken aka PANIC!!!  Afterwards, I do a new one. However...  :ick:

We have the nice word verschlimmbessern in Germany, which doesn't have a proper English translation (although it seems to be one of the many German words that is used by Americans these days, like Kindergarten  :)).
You could describe its meaning as a process of disimprovement :lol:.

Well, doesn't matter. This version starts, this version can be played (and finished) and that's sufficient for me right now.

Offline Daeron

It turned out nice in the end.  ;)

And why does the german language have so many words that describe failure in an honest attempt to fix something?  :lol:

kaputtreparieren, verschlimmbessern