Author Topic: Missing Ships  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Okay, I have a weird problem. I added ... 3 ships to my ship list, and then recently, I've just realised that my Shivan and Vasudan fighters have all gone kaput. Missing. Totally gone. Any idea why ? I thought maybe it was because I went over the ship limit, but I doubt it. Any idea what went wrong?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Run the debug build. Almost certainly you screwed up adding those ships. (I'll bet you added them to the terran section of the table)

While I'm at it, if you're only adding 3 ships why the hell are you editing the table rather than using a .tbm in the first place?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
... Yea, I did. Where should I add them ?

I've never added a new ship to FRED before, so I figured this would be the way to do it...

I'll just go put them in a .tbm, then. Or should it be 3 different .tbms? Same for weapons and stuff?

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
You have a #End after your new ships. That's why the table thinks that the list is over and doesn't show the rest of the ships.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll just go put them in a .tbm, then. Or should it be 3 different .tbms? Same for weapons and stuff?

That's completely up to you. :) There are advantages and disadvantages either way you do it but both are better than editing ships.tbl. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Okey dokey...

Oh yea. How do you create a shield ani? And it goes into the HUD folder, right?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:09:00 am by Stormkeeper »