Author Topic: What games have you modded?  (Read 5199 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Re: What games have you modded?
Ah yea, thats right.

I modded HW 2 as well. Not models, just some tables.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I did a remake of Way of the Exploding Fist too. It probably doesn't qualify as mod but I'm quite proud of it so I thought I'd mention it :P. It got used on a couple of commercially sold Amiga game compilation DVDs. Without permission of course, but then I remade the original game without permission so it's not like I could kick up a fuss. My game added new features over the original. Such as a 5 on 5 "battle royale" game mode, and adjustable levels of Mortal Kombat 3 style blood letting  :drevil:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What was the name of your remake? There is a chance I might have played it. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Legend of the Exploding Fist.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
I modded about 15-20 different Games, but the only Mods I finished, where for Stalker and Galactic Civillisations 2. Most of other Projects are either...slowly evolving, hibernating or are abbandoned completely.
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline tifi

• GTF Apollo Fan Club
FS1/2 - a few mediocre missions and table changes
Civ2 - New rulesets and units - a Dune mod that I never finished :(
C&C, RA1/2, Tiberian Sun - New rulesets, units and weapons
Total Annihilation - Tons of units all moddeled and scripted
Alpha Centauri - New factions and rulesets
GalCiv - Tons of ships, improvements etc...
Homeworld/Cata - Changing a few ship tables
Moo3 - New rulesets, spreadsheets, abilities etc...

The only thing there thats harder than 'trivial' is the TA thing, almost everything else is just txt editing :P

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Note to all: Homeworld does not have "tables". They are the equivalant item for HW2, but they're not tables. Refering to them as such will only cause confusion, as it did for me the first 7 seconds after I read it.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Note to all: Homeworld does not have "tables". They are the equivalant item for HW2, but they're not tables. Refering to them as such will only cause confusion, as it did for me the first 7 seconds after I read it.
They're are LUA files, one for each ship, or in some cases, objects. Certain lua files also detail effects and stuff. It makes modding real easy, but you just have to make sure you terminate the line properly.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Homeworld 2 had Lua files, Homeworld 1 used something similar to table entries, for the ships. I remember my first ever Mod being a green cube in Homeworld 1.

However, I switched from Homeworld modding since it was temperamental, and would sometimes just ignore any alterations you made.

Offline tifi

• GTF Apollo Fan Club

*.SHP
Look like tables (txt) to me..... :rolleyes:

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

*.SHP
Look like tables (txt) to me..... :rolleyes:

*facepalm*

Yes, and it definitely isn't ambiguous referring to them as tables. Yup, shp/mis/etc = tbl. In fact, why not log on to the Relic forums and constantly refer to them as such and see what happens?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
To make things more confusing, the shp extension was also used by the images and animations in C&C and RA. :D

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
I have definitely started making things for:

AoE I - maps and sounds (most of the maps being 99999 8 player free for all or kill the computer's massive  fortress)
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - levels and part of a tileset.
Elasto Mania - lots of nice levels and part of an LGR (funny how we use 'an' for the consonant 'L')
Fraxy - some funky ship thing
Worms 2 - maps and sounds (not really mods, but...)
Freespace 2 - some silly missions, ridiculous table mods (experimenting) and some custom graphics (crappy).
                        Of course, I've started some modelling for some nice ships, but haven't finished them yet... :nervous:
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I started off with modding what's probably the pickiest game around; starcraft. After getting bored of innumerable crashes and me having to fix every little thing, I moved on to Freespace, even though I convinced myself it would be too hard, I soon found it far easier than modding SC. I've also modded a few obscure 2d games like Starport Galactic Empires

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
"Flat" games...most of them involve some image or animation that can be moved around the screen, like AoE I, and should be really easy to mod, aside from the stupid extensions on the end of perfectly normal bitmap files. Then you have to get some hard-to-learn-how-to-use free program with some difficult interface, not to mention trying to do everything in 256 colours.

Oh, and I have made some levels for Supertux with @#$% jumpies and other enemies - really funny to look at...
His legacy will last until the beginning.