Author Topic: Permission to use assets?  (Read 1986 times)

Permission to use assets?
Sorry if this sounds silly, I'm posting this from my machine at work (yes, I've been naughty ;7) so I don't have access to TBP itself and therefore any readmes included with it.

I was wondering if I could get permission to use some TBP assets in my own mod (so far a single animated texture). If so, I would also like to know how you prefer to be credited for those assets. If it's all spelled out in a file somewhere included with the mod, tell me and I can check when I get home.

Thanks.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Permission to use assets?
I can't give that permission. Nor is it in my power to do so. All the materials come from different sources. You would need to get the permission of the individual artist responsible for each material and I cannot in all honesty tell you who that is in each circumstance.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Fair enough. Would you mind if I PM'd you the details on the texture in question and asked for contact details for the artist if known?

EDIT: Actually, don't worry about it. Things I learned while messing around with the texture inspired me to go in another direction.

I'll still credit whoever needs crediting for the inspiration, though.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 07:43:37 am by Flaming_Sword »

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
how about saying what goddamn texture it is?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
:lol: that would help :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Actually it wouldn't.  :lol: Do you think we know who made each texture? Do you know how many textures there are?  :nervous:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
we dont have to many briefing anis do we?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.