Author Topic: The subach  (Read 16247 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
As far as Big Ship Ownage is concerned, if I assume you're talking about cruisers and above, I'd just take Maxims.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I play most of the time with a TBM which makes the Prom-R far more useful (but still nowhere near as good as the Prom-S).

I probably overdid it slightly, but, meh. It makes the missions against the NTF more challenging.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
there is only one reason why i dont take the maxim.. guess.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
there is only one reason why i dont take the maxim.. guess.

Recoil?

I'm starting to like the Maxim a little. I was able to save the Bastion, Malta and Templar in Clash of the Titans II because I took potshots at incoming warheads.

When it comes to Total Dumbfire Ownage, I think I rack up more kills on a Subach-Tempest loadout than if I took the so-called "ideal AI loadout". :cool:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

You will fear the Amazon if it is set on General AI with Maxims and charging en masse to you. If you don't have good shields you're mashed.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Maxims are fine if you've got shields.

What I think would make the Amazon more fearful is if it comes towards you shooting Kayser beams. :wtf:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You will fear the Amazon if it is set on General AI with Maxims and charging en masse to you. If you don't have good shields you're mashed.
Whatever loadout you give the Amazon, it's still a piece of ****.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Whatever loadout you give the Amazon, it's still a piece of ****.

What more can you expect from a ship that has "SHOOT ME" engraved to its underside? ;)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
and it would be funny to see an unmanned drone entering into the war :D, it would be dead in less time it takes to slurp your warm tea :rolleyes:.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
and it would be funny to see an unmanned drone entering into the war :D, it would be dead in less time it takes to slurp your warm tea :rolleyes:.
There was a long discussion about that a while back.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
There was a long discussion about that a while back.

Really? Where?
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
I'm starting to like the Maxim a little. I was able to save the Bastion, Malta and Templar in Clash of the Titans II because I took potshots at incoming warheads.

In my opinion, the Maxim is the ultimate anti-bomber weapon.  You can hit bombs from up to 3 klicks away, and once your Subach, PromS or Kayser has downed a bomber's shield, you can flick back to the Maxim and just shed it.
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
In my opinion, the Maxim is the ultimate anti-bomber weapon.  You can hit bombs from up to 3 klicks away, and once your Subach, PromS or Kayser has downed a bomber's shield, you can flick back to the Maxim and just shed it.
The Maxim is kinda meh if you can just hit them with a Harpoon.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
What he said.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

I play most of the time with a TBM which makes the Prom-R far more useful (but still nowhere near as good as the Prom-S).

I probably overdid it slightly, but, meh. It makes the missions against the NTF more challenging.

Well it made the game more fun.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Does the AI work more efficiently on a dual Subach configuration or a Subach-Prometheus R one?

I believe the strongest AI configuration is a dual Kayser configuration with a bank each of Harpoons and Tornados.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline bfobar

I like taking a myrmadon with a subach on the 4 gun mount where it does quite a big of rapid fire damage, and I'll put a prom R  on the two gun mount and only use it for sniping bombs and turrets at max range. The subach energy drain allows me to up the power to shields and engines, making for a very powerful air superiority fighter. With this configuration, I'll usually load out with tempest dumbfires for extra shreddage at close range. I replace the prom R with any other long range gun I can take if its available. It really does suck.

I rarely double up on the same gun. I'd rather flip from a subach to something longer range or more damaging for brief salvos. Relying more on the subach allows me to crank the engines and shields. Using secondaries after shooting off the rear shield with a subach makes for fast kills too.

Offline Solatar

I love the Myrmidon four gun mount. With the right outfitting, the Myrmidon can really be a powerful fighter.

With four gun mounts, the Herc can be a dangerous assault fighter. Subach in 4 gun mount + Akheton + various missiles.

Offline bfobar

I love the Myrmidon four gun mount. With the right outfitting, the Myrmidon can really be a powerful fighter.

With four gun mounts, the Herc can be a dangerous assault fighter. Subach in 4 gun mount + Akheton + various missiles.

I think this was a good example of how the sequel made you fill like time has passed since the first game. The herc was great in FS1 with the six gun mounts, but the myrmidon just shreds them by FS2. I actually really liked the myrmadon except that it was kind of silly looking and had rediculous weapons compatibility.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I think this was a good example of how the sequel made you fill like time has passed since the first game. The herc was great in FS1 with the six gun mounts, but the myrmidon just shreds them by FS2. I actually really liked the myrmadon except that it was kind of silly looking and had rediculous weapons compatibility.

Also note its profile. It seems to be quite an easy target for whatever reason.

When I use the Myrmidon, I employ an all-Subach, all-Tempest configuration. That's why I can rack up quite a number of kills while in the 53rd.
My blog

MP-Ryan