Author Topic: On the campaign pages  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
On the campaign pages
Hi there,

I admit my last idea about a chronological order for campaigns proved impractical. Too bad. Yet, I think the campaign pages as they are are confusing and incomplete, with 3 differents pages :

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/User-made_Campaigns_%28FS1%29
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/User-made_Campaigns_%28FS2%29

and the most well done :  http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/User-made_Campaigns

Many content in those pages is redundant

Could I :
regroup all those pages into one which would look like the last one I linked ?
try to find as many campaigns as possible which are not in the wiki to add them ?
Add the authors to the tablers ?

I'll get rid of the "date" column in put in my attempt of ordering them completely (or almost, I ll just put the date, if there is one, in the description of the campaign).

Or maybe there is a reason I don't know yet for having 3 pages for the campaigns, in which case I ll just upgrade the FS2 campaign page.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:33:30 pm by Narwhal »

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Re: On the campaign pages
Could I :
regroup all those pages into one which would look like the last one I linked ?
:yes:

try to find as many campaigns as possible which are not in the wiki to add them ?
:yes: :yes:

Add the authors to the tablers ?
This was discussed but received a lukewarm response, since many campaigns don't have a clear-cut author and have an entire mod team behind them. To some extent I agree and disagree, I recognize that a lot of people contribute, but I think a lot of times there is a prime mover. Also, a lot of times campaigns are largely the work of one individual. If you can address this issue and still put names, I'd say go for it.

I'll get rid of the "date" column in put in my attempt of ordering them completely (or almost, I ll just put the date, if there is one, in the description of the campaign).

Not quite sure what you mean by date... if you mean "Pre-Great War Era" and stuff, leave those in, as those are pretty important to the ordering as they mark the events of FS1 and FS2.

Or maybe there is a reason I don't know yet for having 3 pages for the campaigns, in which case I ll just upgrade the FS2 campaign page.

No reason other than when the last page was made, there wasn't anybody who was willing to take the time to research the campaigns well enough to finish the list beyond what is already there. Somebody offering to get it done is awesome. :yes:
-C

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
Well, I'll start right now, then. (By merging the pages, first).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Inferno shouldn't be grouped together the way it is now, because Inferno isn't coherent either.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Just, use the preview buttons. So that you don't flood the recent changes pages, mmkay? Other than that it looks pretty neat.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
Well, now I am using the preview page to change large chunk by large chunk, but since I don't want to lose the data, I sometimes confirm and then carry on.

I'll keep Inferno regrouped but I'll move Sol : an history from it since it's not "official"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'll keep Inferno regrouped but I'll move Sol : an history from it since it's not "official"
No, because Inferno Source Code Project and Inferno Release 1 are completely different. S:AH wasn't even my point, it can stay there.

Well, now I am using the preview page to change large chunk by large chunk, but since I don't want to lose the data, I sometimes confirm and then carry on.
Use Notepad.

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
To be honest, I have difficulties understanding the different versions of Inferno. If you want to modify my page, and if you think it's useful, feel free.

I am not trying to give a chronological order, I am just trying to have a more friendly and complete presentation of the campaign right now.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Steadfast is absolutely not official either.

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
I know, but it relies heavily on Inferno. It's a sort of alternative plot. I wrote in "notes" that is was not canon.