Author Topic: Al Tarket's big olde list of complaints  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
Al Tarket's big olde list of complaints
oh.. i hate to disappoint but the campaign in this version, raider wars has a lot of bugs in it, some sections in the voice acting are prematurly cut off and some sections not even voice acted out. the woman who plays the admiral on the scyulla is so quiet i can barely make out what she is saying. their are a few graphic glitches and some misreadings such as one example of the raider fighter, it says very good maneuverability and it moves like its attached to a bus turning a tight corner with some speed which contradicts what this is saying saying.

in fred tbp version i do not have a clue how to warp in a raider carrier with the 18 fighters docked and make them undock and fight. i saw a very funny thing happen when they couldn't undock. the whole carriers top speed increased and bounced around ships and jumpgates.

in fred again the nameplates on the Omega destroyers and omega x destroyers are either limited or non existant. i can think of a few destroyers off the top of my head that should of been added, not least the Alexander which survived from that EA attack on babylon 5 to the end of president clarks regime, and a valiant effort from the churchill and pollux.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 04:16:02 pm by IPAndrews »
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
in fred tbp version i do not have a clue how to warp in a raider carrier with the 18 fighters docked and make them undock and fight. i saw a very funny thing happen when they couldn't undock. the whole carriers top speed increased and bounced around ships and jumpgates.

well, this is not possible due to the limitations of the engine
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
It might actually be possible but not in any conventional thinking.  If you are already able to get the ship to show up with them and the only problem is undocking then you could possibly fake it by removing the carrier using ship-vanish and placing another one right where it was. 

Note this is a theory and never been tested. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Al Tarket

has just been tested and for me it does not work. the fighters disappear along with the carrier. well i might as well undock them and warp the carrier in seperate unless someone more experienced with fred can take on this theory.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Offline Daeron

• The guy playing with a mouse

The sound problems sound like a problem on your end. The commander of the scylla comes out perfectly on two of my pc's and hers is the best voice acting I've seen so far. Gave me goosebumps. :)

And on the docking with the carrier, make sure the initial order for the fighters is for them to play dead. A fighter can drag around a capital ship if it's docked to it and starts turning.
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline Al Tarket

it does not matter, their is a serious flaw with the carrier itself, the fighters look attached but when you get close the spinning middle dock and big dock rings are spinning but the fighters are not attached and going around.

i tried destroying the subsystem and re enabling the subsystem after jump in to see if the fighters would undock, no luck.

its not my end, i know this because no matter how loud i put my sounds hers is too low, but everyone elses are coming in clear and loud.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Raider Carrier carrying fighters
in fred tbp version i do not have a clue how to warp in a raider carrier with the 18 fighters docked

It won't work no matter how hard you try. So don't bother. As for your other comments, sometimes perfection just isn't an option.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Raider Carrier can't carry fighters
Yep :nod: a Heckload of great possibles beats zero impossibilities.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Daeron

• The guy playing with a mouse
So, guess you can just fake it. Have the carrier and zephyr's be invisible somewhere way out of range. Then create the warp-effect, move the raider carrier there, face it in the right direction and send it to a waypoint where it undocks?
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
clever faking is so great, just look at my campaigns  :lol:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I thought the Scylla had very good voice acting.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It did. He's just saying it was quiet. Which, point of fact, it was. Unfortunately we could not get the samples we were given any louder without ruining quality.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It might actually be possible but not in any conventional thinking.  If you are already able to get the ship to show up with them and the only problem is undocking then you could possibly fake it by removing the carrier using ship-vanish and placing another one right where it was. 

Note this is a theory and never been tested. 

that does not work ....
but I've my own way to make this work ... and that's way it works ;)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Al Tarket

i have other problems with this campaign.

the background of the debreifing screen. when you got grey writing up there, you cant see parts of it because some of the background is also grey.

the drakh mothership takes 2 minutes for it to finish exploding and a further 5 minutes to explode and break up, it also takes less longer with the planet killer but that planet killer still has a long explode and break up time.

the whitestar camera is not of my liking so the crosshair is off by a bit, so i am missing fighters, raiders and other small ships because of it. the other problem is that neutron beam, when you take down any ship or fighter with that beam, it doesn't count towards your kill score.

The g'quan has holes in the damage hit, i recently fired a whitestar beam into the forward undersection of that ship and never hit the ship, went right through it like it was not their.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
i have other problems with this campaign.

the background of the debreifing screen. when you got grey writing up there, you cant see parts of it because some of the background is also grey.

I believe someone made an alternate background.  Might want to look for that. 

the drakh mothership takes 2 minutes for it to finish exploding and a further 5 minutes to explode and break up, it also takes less longer with the planet killer but that planet killer still has a long explode and break up time.

Try setting the kamikaze flag and/or use a special explosion.  Time to die is based on the size of the explosion.  Kamikaze overrides this at least for special explosions. 

the whitestar camera is not of my liking so the crosshair is off by a bit, so i am missing fighters, raiders and other small ships because of it. the other problem is that neutron beam, when you take down any ship or fighter with that beam, it doesn't count towards your kill score.

That has to do with the way the FS2 engine works.  Damage done by beam weapons on cap ships doesn't count towards kills.  If the ship is a gunship the game treats it's beams as capital  ship weapons.  You can work around this by making a TBM with the Whitestar as a fighter instead of gunship. 

The view is what it is.  Remember this is a small capital ship.

The g'quan has holes in the damage hit, i recently fired a whitestar beam into the forward undersection of that ship and never hit the ship, went right through it like it was not their.

I know there are a few holes in some of the ships due to the POF conversion but this is the first I've heard of the G'Quan having one.  The Whitestar beam will go through a ship.  Are you sure it didn't do any damage as it was going through?  Did you destroy a subsystem?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Al Tarket. Go play something else. Please.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Re: Al Tarket's big olde list of complaints
As for the loooong explosion time, (if i`m correct) you can change that in the ships table.
But why, I like the Babylon Project as it is.  :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Re: Al Tarket's big olde list of complaints
TBP IS FINAL AND WILL NOT BE CHANGED. Thus this list of complaints is really quite pointless. Thread locked.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:07:14 am by IPAndrews »