Author Topic: Description ?  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
As the title say, Can I have precisions about the Freespace Conversion ? (like in the topic "Campaigns")
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
This is a direct quote from the "Features" page of my site.

This is a port of all the ships, weapons, and missions from Descent: Freespace- The Great War into the enhanced engine of Freespace 2.

It will eventually include the Freespace campaign, the Silent Threat campaign, and a massive alternate campaign along the same lines, but from the Vasudan pilot's point of view. The pilot will even be able to choose partway through if s/he wants to join the Hammer of Light!

The modifications allow full compatibility with existing Freespace and Freespace 2 missions, allowing you to convert flawlessly every campaign developed for either Freespace (barring other modifications.) Multiplayer co-operative and team vs. team work fine but new dogfight missions are required.

In addition, your favorite FS1 campaigns can be fully converted easily. Details coming soon.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
But FRED2 can open fs1 mission and campaign files, so basically all you're doing is opening fs1 files and saving them as fs2? And maybe converting a few models in ModView.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline untouchable

• Fear the DA...
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/da
somebody's got to do it :p
"The Darkness shall  befall us all."
-Commander William Wright

"Violence is merely the means of the incompotent"
-Felix Steighner
----------------------
The Darkness is Coming

Untouchable has spoken :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by an0n
But FRED2 can open fs1 mission and campaign files, so basically all you're doing is opening fs1 files and saving them as fs2?

Pretty much. There are a few changes to be made, like changing Vasudan ships from PV to GV and making backgrounds, but yeah. I've also converted all the weapons. Like Untouchable said,
somebody's got to do it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...