Author Topic: RELEASE: High Poly Aurora Pack Beta 1  (Read 3735 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
RELEASE: High Poly Aurora Pack Beta 1
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Some time ago community member Bigoudi created a new Aurora StarFury-model. It was more "pleasant to the eye" than the standard TBP one but had a few flaws....
Now I've picked up this model again and fixed some unresolved matters...

BEHOLD!
[download link removed by moderator]

THIS IS UN-OFFICIAL AND OPTIONAL CONTENT TO "THE BABYLON PROJECT"!
THIS MIGHT NOT WORK OR EVEN BREAK "THE BABYLON PROJECT" WHEN USED! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
THE USAGE OF THE MOD-FEATURE IS HIGHLY ADVISED!
To use the mod-feature open the Launcher of the "THE BABYLON PROJECT" and select the MOD-tab. Then use the "select Mod"-button to pick a sub-folder to your TBP-directory containing a proper "mod.ini" (eg. the folder coming in this package).
IT IS NOT ADVICED TO USE THIS IN MULTIPLAYER SESSIONS! IT WILL NOT WORK IN MULTIPLAYER!

FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:50:10 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CKid

Re: RELEASE: High Poly Aurora Pack Beta 1
I like! It runs very nicely. Well Done :yes:
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Can it be used for non-TBP uses ?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I will need to have a look at this Orpheus before you post it here. High poly updates have to be done correctly. Especially if they override the original model. Send me a link to my private mail.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
So should I refrain from using the pack I already dl'd?

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline 0rph3u5

Can it be used for non-TBP uses ?

what uses do you have in mind for it?

I will need to have a look at this Orpheus before you post it here. High poly updates have to be done correctly. Especially if they override the original model. Send me a link to my private mail.

I'll PM you
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:44:10 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Nothing much, I just wanna use it as a fighter in a campaign I'm doing. Its set in normal FS continuity though. I need a fighter that will look sufficiently different from normal GTVA fighters.

Offline 0rph3u5

Nothing much, I just wanna use it as a fighter in a campaign I'm doing. Its set in normal FS continuity though. I need a fighter that will look sufficiently different from normal GTVA fighters.

this model is bad for FS continuity... no shield mesh and the whole maneuver thurster-buinsess
but hell, I'm the last one stopping you

==================

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It has the potential to break all kinds of things. It is very likely to break multiplayer.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
How the hell did he manage that? :D

As long as the firepoints, subsystems and basic geometry are the same (and they damn well should be) I can't see how a high poly model would break anything. You should be able to swap them over fairly easily.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

It has the potential to break all kinds of things. It is very likely to break multiplayer.

not all kinds of thing but IT WILL BREAK MULTIPLAYER (I added that note just today)
but since I used the mod-feature (it comes as folder with mod.ini) it should cause do little harm

==================

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Yes. It has the potential to break all kinds of things!

I'm not being dragged into this god forsaken high poly upgrade debate again. As long as I remain defacto project leader it is my responsibility to preserve the stability of this mod in the best interests of all those who play it. For that reason I'm locking this thread until I've had chance to look at this more closely.