Author Topic: Just another Valkyrie WIP  (Read 26586 times)

Re: Just another Valkyrie WIP
      Yeah that second picture seriously looks like a toy. Like a photograph of a toy. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
It looks like a photograph of a very good toy.
But yeah, it does look a bit plastic, come to mention it...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Water

this thing looks very nice, how did you get your curves to be so smooth?
For the nose area - mainly just moving vertices until the smoothing looked ok in Blender.

Aaargh! Make the tan textures gray and release!
Err.. I don't mind gray, but not on this. Here are the  :v: colours.

For the plastic/shine - I didn't alter the shine map when I changed the colours. It's mainly the top that looks waxy because it's the cleanest part of the paintwork. (less non shine dirt) It will be easy to fix.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Aaargh! Make the tan textures gray and release!
Err.. I don't mind gray, but not on this. Here are the  :v: colours.

For the plastic/shine - I didn't alter the shine map when I changed the colours. It's mainly the top that looks waxy because it's the cleanest part of the paintwork. (less non shine dirt) It will be easy to fix.

What, you're not going to use your own?

And maybe I prefer it being gray. At least closer to Volition's Valkyrie. And I seem to remember those being FSKing's textures, not Volition's... or have I gone crazy and my memories are running together?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Water

And maybe I prefer it being gray. At least closer to Volition's Valkyrie. And I seem to remember those being FSKing's textures, not Volition's... or have I gone crazy and my memories are running together?
Yeah Freespaceking's texture seemed gray in comparison.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ZZZ, need sleep.

Not sure how to say it right now, but I'm thinking it could be a little less tan. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
If the past taught us anything, it's that we should stick to the original style even if it may look a tad worse.

meh, release both.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
That's really amazing it looks great... although... I kind of wish it was a little shinier (more spec not a whole lot though). It looks like it has a coat of non-reflective paint.
This one seems to look right with just low sheen.
Uhhh... so THIS is what you've been vusy with instead of modelling\texturing the XXXXXXX from BWO... just wait a sec and I'll get da whip!! :D

Seriously now, looks gorgeous :nod:
See I WAS going to say that but I figured I'd just positively encourage him so we could get him back in the BWO forums :D :D :D

Plus...we use the Valkyrie in BWO :)
Well the Valk was so I could work on BWO and be in a public forum for feed back.  :p
*shifty eyes* We totally knew that :D

Wow those renders are amazing man...well done and keep it up!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Plus...we use the Valkyrie in BWO :)

Aside from pretty pictures, this is all I took away from this thread, and now my excitement for BWO has been boosted that much more (assuming it's player-flyable).
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Water

Pilot done, lods and debris done. Just have to sort out a few small bits/colours and its complete.

Offline Solatar

Looking great man, really. Can't wait for a release. :yes:

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
That looks absolutely cinematic. Can't wait for release.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance