Author Topic: looking to new games  (Read 8313 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I'm looking forward to:

Spore, Red Alert 3, Half Life 2: Episode3, Tiberium, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, Dawn of War 2, Bioshock 2, Legendary, Demigods. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Downloadables would be KoTOR TSL Restoration Project. Hopefully by the end of this year it'll be done.

Here's to hoping for a KoTOR 3.

the Sins of a Solar Empire addon (if it's got that announced single player story mode)
First I've heard of it. It is relevant to my interests!

thier is quiet a range of space game on their way out this year more then ive seen for a while. i hope they aren't as dull as SOASE.
Sins isn't dull. Its a fun game. The games just tend to drag on, but that's what makes the game epic.

Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Not terribly original:

-HL2:Ep3
-Spore
-Starcraft 2
-RA3
-DX3 (as long as they don't kill it with another console port; while DX2 wasn't bad, it nowhere near lived up to the potential of the original).

Also interested in seeing what Irrational/2K dreams up in the future.  SS2 is probably my favorite game of all time, and thus far I'm fairly impressed with Bioshock but also disappointed that they've dropped many of the RPG elements I loved in both SS2 and DX.  Running around collecting cybermodules/skill points and upgrading the character's abilities was a great deal of fun.

Frankly, I'd like to see a third System Shock game to tie up the franchise but which retains most of the character development of SS2 before I'd want another Bioshock-style game.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
if you say so stormkeeper.

mp-ryan i am also looking forward to if their is another system shock title also. i want to know what happened to the hacker and his creation, shodan and her organic monstrosities.

ea have the rights on ss3 so i hope they get it right, system shock 2 is a great game indeed and i dont want to see that title destroyed by ea's normal bug ridden development and typically poor storyline works. according to wiki the ea team has put the team that did the godfather game on the system shock game and that was over 2 years ago. nothing hs been seen since however i am unsure on that point.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Right now I'm somewhat idly looking forwards to Fallout 3, and insanely enthusiastically looking forwards to Dawn of War 2.
Everything is better with monkeys.  Even pie.

That is the best first post I have ever seen.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Sins is no Nexus but still a nice Space 4X. Just more diplomacy aspects, more tactical options in combat and a single player campaign and it would be timeless.

Hey, stormkeeper, whats DX ?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Al Tarket

i suspect diablo X (x=number)?
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Deus Ex.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Al Tarket

oh machina.. i never played. thanks ghostavo.

if i ever get my pc to run rtcw:et i would play it, it might be the same as quake wars however its far more smaller and generally full of action. base rushing is always good.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Not Deus Ex Machina the FS campaign, Deus Ex
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Hey, stormkeeper, whats DX ?
Deus Ex.
There's a 3rd Deus Ex in the works, but not much info has been released yet.

My friend told me that if you look at Bioware's financial reports, apparantly there's a KoTOR 3 on that list. I'm looking atm, but its a bit hard to find their reports.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Vidmaster

well it's confirmed that there will be a MMORPG in Kotor setting. However it's unsure if this is a Kotor Online or the actual Kotor 3 (PLEASE, NO!!!)

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
If its a KoTOR MMO, I might just take a little demo. But I doubt I'll play it long term. Or just on private servers perhaps.

im not sure the newer games are that good but i hope one day to play :-

sins of a solar empire and spore.

i dont think diablo 3 and sc2 are going  to be that revolutionary. how much more can you add to those genres anyway? I much prefer going back to older games which were once buggy on release but which have been patched up beautifully and work like a charm :-

nexus jupiter incident (ok still being patched)
vampire masquerade (especially Redemption)
Dungeon Lords -- this is fully patched and works now and its really like Elder Scrolls Oblivion running on a low spec machine (very nice gfx).
Fable - yea now it should be cheap to get, great game.
Fate by Wildtangent - the bext diablo clone so far. better than diablo really.

so lots of great games still in the older category. newer ones all bound to be buggy.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Mmmm. Yea, Fable. I loved that game. VtM, I never played far, because my friend wanted it back, so i didn't finish it. Only got pass the haunted house quest.

Fallout 3  :nervous: (won't run on my crap comp)

Deus Ex 3 (won't run on my crap comp)

Demigod(might run on my crap comp)

Offline Al Tarket

*wonders what Molydenum's crap comp is...* :rolleyes:

*thinks to himself, hmm maybe an old acorn pc or an old p1 processor at 50mhz with 1mb pci atari ati card* :P.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Try using /me, Al. Look at the real-life, on-topic example below. ;)
* Androgeos Exeunt has PCs that cannot run anything more modernised than RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Al Tarket

i see..
* Al Tarket thinks androgeos is too smart to be a pilot in the gtva! :lol: and does not give androgeos any bosch beer :P.

thanks androgeos.

whats kotor?, i ve played rollercaster tycoon 1 2 and 3, it can be fun. however it doesnt compare to transport tycoon :nod:.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I heard that Transport Tycoon was quite well-received.

Bah, that's an old game anyway. Take it to the Revisiting Old Games thread.

Who's waiting for Silent Threat: Reborn? Goober's just posted in Announcements.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Vidmaster

oh god, Spore sucks. I knew it was primitive outside the editor but this is just boring, together with non-meaningful choices and a horrible interface. Crap, one good idea in ruins AGAIN  :mad2: