Author Topic: DarkStar One  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I just bought this game and played it some and it is really good. Though it is a bit heavy on computer requirements. It reminds a lot of Freelancer is some aspects of the game.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Is it a MMO?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
No, it is similar to Freelancer. The game is decent, but I never finished it. It got boring towards the end.

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
sounds good, however adding that tiny but heavy bit of info on the end might dissuade me from such a game, but i am different from you, will check it out in any case.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
German devs are releasing outstanding games most of the time. Too bad Darkstar One is one of the few exceptions  :nervous: Although it's still decent.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Yea, its decent. I myself like the fact that the police are dumbos when it comes to smuggling. The ship itself isn't bad looking, although DarkStar One isn't very mod friendly.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
the game gets repetitive far to fast, go from point a to point be kill character c go to point a Rinse Repeat.

although its one of the few games i have ever bought :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.

This game is now USD 5 through Steam.  Given that that is what I paid for a bagel sandwich this morning, I'd say it is probably worth picking up. :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Hmmm. Interests me.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Eh. It's not so hot. The voice acting made me want to vomit, the story is bland, and it takes forever to get a decent combat rig.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
it had a looooooot of propblems with copy protection, made me cry twice while installing it from original disc, last game i buy that has copy protection :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I saw a clip of Darkstar One on Wikipedia not too long ago, and I thought it looked pretty good.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Vidmaster

graphics are nice and the gameplay is streamlined to the maximum. Good for beginners and nice to relax for pros. Still, I prefer EV Nova and Freelancer.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Played it when it first came out. Got bored after an hour or two. Uninstalled. Never played again.

Offline darkone

• Space Sims will NEVER DIE
    • Space Sim Central
DS1 isn't that bad at all. It did have some small issues but they issued some patches to fix them. I just thought it was unfortunate that the devs behind the game never really opened the game up for modders, because the game does look nice and if you can pick it up for $5-10 it's worth it.

It's similiar to Freelancer, though amazingly enough, even shallower  - impressive, considering Freelancer was already streamlined well past the point where it's not just becoming more accessible, but losing gameplay depth.

Offline Vidmaster

right on all points.