Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 72788 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I have a million, though that isn't a surplus. And I kind of want to get that damned parrot, now.

Offline Shade

You should, it's very useful. Especially in Hobopolis' elemental zones... so I'd say spend your cast on the birdie first :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Back on to the subject of dungeon items, since it was so long ago:

Ol' Scratch's ol' britches is the only thing that I want and can make use of. So feel free to fight amongst yourselves for the rest of the loot.  :P

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll divide the loot up today. KolMafia has been giving me static lately so I've been reduced to playing the game via a web browser! :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shade

Hey, it's not so bad... it's what I do :p I can recommend using Greasemonkey and some of the scripts listed Here to make your life easier until you can destaticify your resident mob penguins. Particularly the Mr. Script... script... and the Click Saver, as those both save a lot of time and headache.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Actually I already use Greasemonkey in my KoLMafia browser window. In fact I already use Click Saver. It's especially useful for things like the Crimbo zone which KoLMafia doesn't cover yet. I don't use Mr Script so I'll have to try that one.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I really, really want to drown my black cat.  :mad2:

Offline Shade

I think, as with the OAF, that's the whole point of that familiar :p Oh gods... imagine a familiar with Black Cat/OAF functionality. Actually don't, cause it's the stuff of nightmares.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I would like to take this time to thank Our Lady of Perpetual Indecision.  :P

Effects:
 Scarysauce (8652)
 Jabañero Saucesphere (8652)
 Jalapeño Saucesphere (8652)
 Elemental Saucesphere (8652)
 Saucemastery (24305)

Offline Shade

Came across a link on the KoL forums that might be useful if we can't figure out how to distribute Hobopolis loot (though I don't see this happening... requires more greed than is present in our little clan :p), or even just for saving time: Automated Hobopolis Loot Distributor, Forum Thread, Example Wishlist

Offline Shade

Well, I'm thinking that with christmas well and truly over, it's about time for another Hobopolis run. Now, Kara's level 30 already so should probably give him time to ascend and level up a bit before flooding the sewers, while BloodEagle and I are probably still some weeks away from ascending ourselves if we're both going for level 30. So, a little over a week from now would probably be a good time to flood the sewers to make sure we're all in a state to participate. But even so, we can at least get the loot from the last run divvied up :D Gave it a bit of thought and have this suggestion:

BloodEagle:
Ol' Scratch's ol' britches
Chester's bag of candy
Wand of Oscus
Zombo's skullcap

Karajorma:
Hodgman's harmonica
Skill book

Shade:
Hodgman's porkpie hat
Frosty's nailbat

BloodEagle put in the most turns while Kara and I paid for the run. So BE gets the item he wants plus some extra goodies, I get the +Hobo-Power item since Kara got the one from the last run, Kara gets the Hobo-Power conversion offhand since I got the one from the last run, and then he and split the scraps. If everyone's satisfied with this, I'll hand it out in a couple of days. If not, then complain loudly here and I'll come up with some other distribution :p

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Seems good to me. Sorry I haven't divvied up the loot yet but the simple fact is that I seem to only find time to play KoL for about the 10-15 minutes it takes to do a meat farming run.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I haven't had much time to log in lately, myself.

On a side note:

Quote from: News Page
February 10
KoL accounts will no longer be deleted due to inactivity.

There goes my incentive to get a Mr. A.  :P

::EDIT::

I just discovered a great combat message.

Quote from: War Hippy Elite Rigger
He makes a bomb out of several D batteries, a circuit board, and flashing lights in the shape of a cartoon character. It doesn't explode, but you're trampled by frenzied reporters.

What an obscure place for that reference.

:lol:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:03:15 pm by BloodEagle »

Offline Shade

Sorry I haven't divvied up the loot yet but the simple fact is that I seem to only find time to play KoL for about the 10-15 minutes it takes to do a meat farming run.
No worries, I don't recall us having a rule saying that you have to do everything :D Although, if you're not going to be ascending for a while, maybe we should open up the new instance now so you can farm for nickles as well? Not to mention getting some loot out of it at the end, of course. And as far as I can tell, the elemental zones don't care about overkilling the monsters, so you can get them there even at level 30 without having to worry about doing too much damage.

uhm, so how would i join the HLP group?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Shade

From the main screen, go to "Seaside Town" -> "The Clan District", search for "Harrrdy" (yes, with three R's), click the result that has a link to HLP in its description, and apply. Then post your KOL username here so we'll know to accept you.

Offline Shade

Loot distributed, and the new Hobopolis is open for business. Looking at the roster we actually have a lot of people of a level to contribute this time, so by all means join in if you want to :)

Heh, it's the useranme i use for almost everything for almost 2 years. HLP_Titan....  :nervous:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I certainly have a knack for getting captured in those tooth-resistant cages.  :ick:

Offline Shade

Log on now and start heading down then ;) Kara and I just started our runs, and it helps when you're 2+ people as then you can let eachother out of the cages.