Author Topic: Subspace destruction  (Read 2182 times)

Subspace destruction
Is it posible to destroy a ship exactly as it goes into subspace?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Yes, I've done it before, kinda neat with an explosion and debris coming from empty space.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline peterv

Me too, i've done it several times whith fighters whith hull~0 trying to wrap-out.

Offline eliex

It's funny when the player jumps out all lasers directed at you always miss when your luck never applies to your enemies.  :D

Not always. I've had situations where I've had to abort the jump because the enemy lasers hitting me were screwing up the jump out cycle. Had to get out of the line of fire. If you're not flying straight the jump won't happen.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
For most small ships you can get away with a self-destruct at has-departed-delay 0.  Larger ships need some work. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
There was one time I shot down the GTT Inspiration just as it powered up its engines. The ship entered subspace exploding and blew up inside! :wakka:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

I wonder what the crew inside the transport were thinking.

One minute, YES we've ran the blockade. Big grin fades. Ka-BOOM!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Not always. I've had situations where I've had to abort the jump because the enemy lasers hitting me were screwing up the jump out cycle. Had to get out of the line of fire. If you're not flying straight the jump won't happen.
I think they mean when the warp hole's already opened and the camera goes into external view.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I thought your ship becomes indestructible once the camera goes into external view.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

in ITDOH, i stayed (during the exodus mission) to see off that freighter. i jumped out right before it, and apparently the supernova clipped my engine trail, sending me to my death in subspace  :P
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline eliex

Unlucky there . . . I know how annoying it is when your intention is to live . . .

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I actually died while warping out a long time ago.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Is it posible to destroy a ship exactly as it goes into subspace?

Sadly, yes:

After replaying the mission several times in an effort to save the Khepri from certain destruction, I finally managed to keep it alive until the very end of the mission. It was lost with all hands when it played a game of chicken with a beam barrage while it jumped into subspace.

RIP Khepri. :(
-C