Author Topic: RELEASE: What If - Another Great War  (Read 61222 times)

Offline CKid

Re: RELEASE: What If - Another Great War
All of the AGWloop1 and AGWLoop2 missions are missing from your VP files.  I'm using the latest build of FSOpen 3.6.10 and the 3.6.10 Beta MediaVPs and have not had any of the other parsing errors.  I did have to change the Mod ini file to correspond to my fsport file some of the errors people are getting sound like they might have the wrong file name for the secondary mods.  The others are because of the missing mission files

So that's why I got errors at AGWloop1. I also had to change the mod ini file before I started playing because my FS Port folder was named differently then what was used in the secondary mod line.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
If you have questions, I suggest you post in the Support forum.  It's much better to get rid of all the warnings and assertions before you release the campaign. ;)
I did get rid of all warnings I got, but since neither me or my beta tester got problems with any missing textures or so, I considered the mod to be stable. But I can't fix probs I don't know about. I hope you can agree on that. ;) Checking the mod.ini might indeed be a good idea. :-)

Oh, and I am using this build: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55095.0.html

@Macfie
Oh, sh***. :nervous: Fixed, re-download the missions.vp plz.

Offline CKid

OK new problem:

Spoiler:
In the first GTI mission, you are to capture a dragon but the disruptor is not in the weapons list. I have tried several times to disable it with the standard weapons but I always end up destroying it.

Offline SF-Junky

OK new problem:

Spoiler:
In the first GTI mission, you are to capture a dragon but the disruptor is not in the weapons list. I have tried several times to disable it with the standard weapons but I always end up destroying it.
In that mission you don't use the D-Advanced but a table-modded version of the standard disruptor. Me idiot forgot to add it to the -shp.tbm.

This patch should solve the problem. Just unpack it to the WhatIf/data/tables folder, then you should be able to use the Disruptor#Shield.

Offline CKid

The patch is a no go. The disruptor still did not get added to the weapon load out screen.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Looks like that's because it was never added to the campaign file.  It needs to be on the allowed weapons list, either via the campaign or via the allow-weapon sexp.

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
I've just tried running this campaign, but there's no model for the GTF Angel ship entry.

I've pulled the INFA model for now, but is this a known glitch or do I have a bad assets vp?
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline SF-Junky

The patch is a no go. The disruptor still did not get added to the weapon load out screen.
Okay, another attempt. Download and unpack into data/missions. Then you can use the d-adv (If you can't, re-dl the missions.vp).

Looks like that's because it was never added to the campaign file.  It needs to be on the allowed weapons list, either via the campaign or via the allow-weapon sexp.
Curiously, it doesn't show up in the weapons list in the campaign editor (yes it uses the "player allowed" flag). I added a sexp to AGW02-7 which is included in the patch.

Both patches are now also included in the .vps. How downloaded them after this post, won't need the patches.

I've just tried running this campaign, but there's no model for the GTF Angel ship entry.

I've pulled the INFA model for now, but is this a known glitch or do I have a bad assets vp?
WhatIf uses the FSPort's Angel.pof. If it doesn't work, it is not my fault. Check your mod.ini. ;-)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
In the first mission, when I changed my ship to an Apollo, it was SHIELDED! And am I supposed to have the Avenger when I got the Athena for the cargo depot raid mission?

Last thing- is it meant to be able to kill the reds kinda... easily?

Offline SF-Junky

In the first mission, when I changed my ship to an Apollo, it was SHIELDED!
Don't ask me why. I switched shields off in the shield system editor and it still says "no shield" for team friendly and the Apollo fighter. I just checked it.

And am I supposed to have the Avenger when I got the Athena for the cargo depot raid mission?
Yes, as it's said in mission briefing. Technical development in the StormFront universe is not exactly identical to the original story.

Last thing- is it meant to be able to kill the reds kinda... easily?
Switch to higher skill level.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Well, that answers my questions. Except for the 'Apollo from the Future', that has shields. . .

Offline CKid

So I got the latest patch and it worked like a charm. I just finished the campaign and must say, that was great. :yes: What I liked the most was how you are in mission and you sort of know whats about to happen but then all of a sudden, the mission goes off the FS1 storyline. It kept me guessing as to what was going to happen next.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I has an error. Seems the model is missing. I do have FSPort 3.0.4, by the way. And I already am using a 3.6.10 build.

Code: [Select]
Error: Can't open model file <Angel.pof>
File: modelread.cpp
Line: 1995

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_3_6_10-20080716.exe 0045f64a()
    fs2_open_3_6_10-20080716.exe 005501e3()
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Err ... I think some of the errors might be caused by the fact that the mod.ini calls for fsport_3_0_4, though many people just have it as fsport.  Modifying the mod.ini should fix a lot of the problems.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I has an error. Seems the model is missing. I do have FSPort 3.0.4, by the way. And I already am using a 3.6.10 build.

Error: Can't open model file <Angel.pof>
File: modelread.cpp
Line: 1995

Call stack:
    fs2_open_3_6_10-20080716.exe 0045f64a()
    fs2_open_3_6_10-20080716.exe 005501e3()

Change the Mod.ini file to read the same as your fsport file.  The file can be opened with NotePad or WordPad but make sure you save it as mod.ini
The current line in the mod.ini file reads    secondrylist = FSport_3.0.4,mediavps;
I had to change mine to read                    secondrylist = fsport,mediavps;
This is because my FSPort 3.0.4 folder is labeled fsport
Change yours to read whatever your file folder is named.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:31:54 pm by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Crashes on the first mission.

Error: AGW1-00.fs2(line 207:
Error: Required token = [#Wings] or [$Name:], found [+Use Table Score:] .

File: PARSELO.CPP
Line: 670

WTF?
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1

WTF?

What build?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
The last crash is because you need a latest build.

Offline SF-Junky

Since there are several people who obviously do not have any problems running this mod, I think it isn't down to me. Anyway, I opened a thread in the support forum: Link.

So I got the latest patch and it worked like a charm. I just finished the campaign and must say, that was great. :yes: What I liked the most was how you are in mission and you sort of know whats about to happen but then all of a sudden, the mission goes off the FS1 storyline. It kept me guessing as to what was going to happen next.
Nice to see you liked the campaign. :)

Offline McMad

Error: AGW1-00.fs2(line 207:
Error: Required token = [#Wings] or [$Name:], found [+Use Table Score:] .

File: PARSELO.CPP
Line: 670

WTF?

I get the same error with my 3.9.10 3.6.10 build but not with my 3.6.9 one :confused:
What's up with that?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:24:01 am by McMad »