Author Topic: Proposed name change  (Read 1943 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
ba.createOrientation --> ba.newOrientation
ba.createVector --> ba.newVector

Both types are fundamentally different from the other FS2 lua types, because the data is stored on a per-instance basis. All the other create functions return a handle to that object in memory. Thus comparisons on those handles will check to see if they point to the same thing - comparisons on a data type will check to see if they are equivalent. And so on and so forth.

camera.Self --> camera.Host

Because I used "host" for the SEXPs, and I like it better than "Self", which already has a significant scripting meaning.

Really, these are minor changes, but I wanted to know if these would cause any trouble (and let people know about them) before they go into SVN. I will give scripting another going-over sometime soon and see if there are any other functions I want to change.
-C

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Hmm.. well it will break most of the scripts i have released (as most use vectors). But if you consider those changes to be important then go ahead.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
that works, a simple replace in notepad++ should fix my scripts in a flash. i can tell you how many times i mispelled create though :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN