Author Topic: What are the differences in FredOpen?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
What are the differences in FredOpen?
Exactly as the title states, what are the title differences in FredOpen? I downloaded from Turey and there are: "Fred2_open_3_6_9", "Fred2_open_3_6_9_debug", "Fred2_open_trunk_d" and "Fred2_open_trunk_r".

If anybody might know what these mean and let me know that would be great (I'm having error issues with "Fred2_open_3_6_9" and I believe that is what the campaign freders use. 
I'm open for any advice. Thx :D
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Re: What are the differences in FredOpen?
The ones marked "debug" or "-d" are debug builds, to be used only if there is a problem (such as your error issues... they give more detailed info on problems encountered). The ones without the debug or marked with "-r" are the normal builds to be used when everything is working right.

Now, 3.6.9 is the last released stable branch. The "trunk" build is a more recent, experimental, but still mostly stable build. It's more advanced, but not completely debugged, so if you encounter errors with it, tell the SCP people (preferably using Mantis) so they can fix it for the next release.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
atualy the debug builds should be used during development, if there is any mod that you are still working on then you should use debug.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
At the very least they should be used after every table change.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
The ones marked "debug" or "-d" are debug builds, to be used only if there is a problem (such as your error issues... they give more detailed info on problems encountered). The ones without the debug or marked with "-r" are the normal builds to be used when everything is working right.

Now, 3.6.9 is the last released stable branch. The "trunk" build is a more recent, experimental, but still mostly stable build. It's more advanced, but not completely debugged, so if you encounter errors with it, tell the SCP people (preferably using Mantis) so they can fix it for the next release.
Thx :D
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~