Author Topic: ModDB page up  (Read 3433 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
http://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project

It needs a lot of work but not bad for a hurry up job. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:39:45 am by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Shade

Nice start. Comments on that page are correct, though, might be worth listing it as a game rather than a mod since you don't need FS2 installed to run it.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
It didn't give me that option when I was creating it.  I'll send them an email and ask if it can be listed like BTRL is. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just got the reply to my email and it's now listed as a game.  Link updated

Beautiful,  looks really nice!  Now lets see if that gathers the attention of players.  :D

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
just created a ModDB account  :) 

hey FUBAR, do you still have that Dark Children Screenies? Especially that ones from Mission2? (you know, the Battle right from the show, 4 Shadow Battlecrabs engaging the Narn Fleet above Gorash 7)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Yea I got them all.  I quit uploading yesterday and decided to FRED for awhile right before I uploaded them.

Check your email I sent you the ones I could find for that mission.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:50:09 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
thx, I uploaded my favorites.

The Battle from The Long, Twilight Struggle is one of the most memorable of the whole series, so I thought we should have some screens of it on the page.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Updated your status to Leader so you should now have full control too.

It said you will need to logout and log back in on the site for it to take effect.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
We need to update the page though with some links to the forums here as well as filling in some of the sections.

If you wish, you could add me as an admin on the page and I'll help finish it up and fill in missing information.

I use the same name at moddb as I do here.

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Will do.  I couldn't add any links yet.  They have a 7 day waiting period for new users before they allow links. 

Question:
       Why doesn't the video actually show what the player is going to be seeing most of the game? Ie, in the cockpit? I don't know why all these videos by BtRL and whoever always show the 3rd person view. I've found the aiming sucks in 3rd person for one thing so there's little reason to play it like that unless you've got a fancy aiming retical like the Starfox Mod.

But yeah, like the video shows a bunch of the game, except for the game itself. Baffling. Or is the creator specifically trying to appeal to the 3rd person console trend people.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well the screenshots I take are 1st person view I just disabled the hud.  As for the videos I don't really know but my guess is they are using the camera sexp's.

Well the screenshots I take are 1st person view I just disabled the hud.  As for the videos I don't really know but my guess is they are using the camera sexp's.

They are using the cameras, which is cool, but in terms of actual gameplay they never actually show inside the cockpit. Ie the HUD etcetera. Personally if I wasn't a fan of 3rd person view the video might turn me off because that's all it shows, similarly if I was a fan of 3rd person I'd be dissapointed because most or all of the game doesn't play that way. But whatever that's my two cents. I mean from the videos it could almost be a Homeworld-esque RTS for all I know as an outsider (which I'm not, but if I was).

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I didn't have any luck making a movie so I went with a slide show.  It's out there now.