Author Topic: Standalone test servers  (Read 8148 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Standalone test servers
I've got 4 standalones up and running one with retail data, one with MediaVPs, one with FSPort-MedaiVPs, and one for TBP.  All are running 3.6.12 RC2 Inferno or newer builds.  If you plan on using these servers you will need at least 3.6.12 RC1 Inferno to see them.  RC2 (or newer if you build your own) is preferred of course.

Again a note that Inferno and standard builds cannot see each other and 3.6.12 and 3.6.10 can't see each other either.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:18:50 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Re: Standalone test servers
I temporarily password protected the servers.  I will remove the password when the build is stable enough for testing again. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Damn, those were useful for testing other things...
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I'll probably remove the password from at least one of them tonight or tomorrow. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
In case you haven't noticed the 2 main ones haven't been password protected for a few days now.  The TBP one still is as it's not stable enough yet.  Tossed up a FSPort one (no password) but haven't tried it yet. 

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
i can never see the tbp one , maybe its me?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Are you looking for it from TBP?  It's not on the regular port and is password protected anyway.

Anyone know who FacePunch is?  Looks like the FSPort server locked up with him hosting.  Haven't checked it yet but the circumstance under which it did could be useful to prevent it in the future. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Please if you are using one of the standalones and it crashes let me know what was going on when it crashed.  It can help prevent future crashes.

Offline Shade

Will give them a test run and see what happens.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline captain-custard

dunno if its me but i never seem to be able to connect to them ? maybe im just too stupid

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Nx3

We played yesterday on a Standalone (no mediavps) and

at least the mission The King's Gambit is broken -> No NTF Capships
also Rebel Intercept(m04b) the Napoleon is jumping in and out within 1 or 2 seconds.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
M-04b used to do that in retail as well.  Never did figure out why.  Probably should try to track it down though.

I'll double check the other one.  Might be an old version or something. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just a heads up for anyone using the FSPort standalone.  If you choose a FS2 mission instead of a FSPort mission you will lock up the server. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Since people keep crashing the FSPort server I've password protected it. 

ONLY SELECT FSPORT MISSIONS

Any other mission will lock the server.

The current password is r5029

OH and all the standalones are now running r5029. 

Offline captain-custard

thanks fubar for the info and the servers

Thanks for the servers... I am very new to FS2, but is it possible to either:

1. Remove all incompatible missions from the dedicated host.
2. Replace the incompatible missions with FSPort missions (the 'ol switcheroo). Maybe a .vp that you put in the FSPort folder that swaps the missions (FSPort missions & campaigns with FS2 names).

If the missions are running off the server one of these may work, if they are run of the client then I am sure it wouldn't... or would this mess up the client's installs of FSPort? (I gather that missions that the client doesn't have is sent to the client by the server).
-- I'll be back before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism...

Offline captain-custard

the servers all three of them work fine , just some times you need to think ,you wouldnt put diesel in a petrol car so choose your servers ,standard fs2open, fs2open  mvps and fsport

then when in fs port run the fsport missions and there are no need for work arounds ......

;7

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
When I get around to fixing my other PC (only been down for about 6 months) I'm just going to extract the root_vp , remove it, and delete the missions so it can't happen.  Don't want to to that on a machine I use because it would be a major pain in the but. 

The only reason I suggest work-arounds is that I host a dedi for MW4: Mercenaries and anything I can do to prevent crashing and freezing (either by accident or upset players) is a good thing... =)

Anyway, I assumed that all missions in Multi-Mission-Pack.vp, MV_Complete.vp, and Root_fs2.vp are problems for FSPort (is this a correct assumption???). There is nobody online to test this with, but I made a FSPort .vp that seems to work. I threw up a dedicated server for a few minutes and joined it, there are definitely less missions to pick from...

Just put it in your FSPort directory to test it out... If it doesn't work maybe it's something that can be tweaked to work properly. Only the host needs it, not the clients.

http://bs.beckament.net/files_pub/NoFS2Missions.7z

p.s. - be kind, I am the FS2 n00b... lol
-- I'll be back before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
The thing is the machine running the standalone is a machine I used to play online.  I don't want to modify it just for the standalone or I would have done so already.  Even if your VP is setup correctly it would still find all of my stuff in the data\missions folder.