Author Topic: Invisible Shivan ships on 3.6.10 builds  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Invisible Shivan ships on 3.6.10 builds
I'm utterly stumped on this one, and I think I managed to stump a few people in the IRC channel along with me.  When playing the retail version of Warzone on both the Sept. 14 and Sept. 15 nightly builds from the Recent Builds forum, while using the 3.6.10 beta MediaVPs, I'm experiencing some odd behavior in the second mission.  In that mission, a Moloch and Cain that jump through a Knossos portal come into the mission completely invisible; what's more, they remain at their jump-in speed, so they wind up several thousand meters away in short order.  A wing or two of Basilisks that jump in from the same Knossos exhibit the same problem; I was able to get close enough to shoot them, and while missiles seemed to cause damage, my primaries passed right through.  I was able to collide with the Basilisks, though.  The strange thing is, one or two other Shivan wings that jumped into the mission were completely normal, as were all of the Shivan ships in the previous mission (which included Aeshmas, Manticores, and Nahemas).  The stranger thing is, the problem persists if I completely disable the MediaVPs, along with any and all launcher flags.  The strangest thing is, all of these models show just fine on all LODs in the F3 lab (as well as the Tech Room).  The mission plays absolutely fine in 3.6.9 final, even with the 3.6.10 beta VPs.  I haven't yet tried the upgraded version of Warzone that the Campaign Restoration Project guys have been working on, but the arrival cues for the ships in question seem to be relatively simple (based on my very limited FRED experience), so it doesn't seem like the mission files themselves are at fault.  I haven't yet entered anything into Mantis, though on a cursory examination, I don't see any similar problems reported.

So...any ideas? :p

(Oh, one more note...I'm using an ATI Radeon X300 card on a P4 3.0 GHz machine with 512 MB of RAM.)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Invisible Shivan ships on 3.6.10 builds
Do the ships that work arrive through the Knossos or only the ones that don't work?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Invisible Shivan ships on 3.6.10 builds
You know, when I open up the mission in FRED, it looks like one or two of the wings don't have the "Special Warp" flag checked.  I'll check again in-mission to confirm.

Edit: You were right; the one wing that didn't have the special warp enabled jumped in just fine.  I'm going to try a few more missions from the retail FS2 campaign with Knossos jumps, just to confirm.

Edit 2: Confirmed in A Lion at the Door.  I'll go ahead and put this into Mantis.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:00:56 pm by Mongoose »