Author Topic: Two men who SHOULD be President but won't be  (Read 7942 times)

Re: Two men who SHOULD be President but won't be
They still need to be accountable for the problems they've caused.

As do ALL nations.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
         Asking me to start acting mature and then calling people sheeple is hardly mature either. Though since I'm not American I'm by extension not a republican or libertarian either and in fact tend to lean to the political left in favor of social programs and larger government.

You're not american?

ROTFL

not even going to bother replying again

That, sir, is a decision which makes no sense. You can't simply ignore what someone has to say on the grounds of being an outsider. If he was an ignorant outsider, maybe, but on the same grounds you should ignore what ignorant insiders have to say.

Just because he's not American, that doesn't make him wrong.

They still need to be accountable for the problems they've caused.

As do ALL nations.

I agree. Bear in mind, however, that nations do not consist of happy people agreeing on everything their military, government, etc. does. Unfortunately, if we were to try to intervene in the affairs of another country, saying that majority rule should be enforced, or even that the majority was abusing its power and oppressing the minority (or minorities), the government would say "hey, i'm a sovereign leader, you can't do that." And the same thing would probably happen in this country.

If you ask me (which you didn't, but you should have :P) nationalism (or 'patriotism', for all you people who think you're somehow better than the rest of the world) is a stupid idea which only causes problems.

You're not american?

ROTFL

not even going to bother replying again

That, sir, is a decision which makes no sense. You can't simply ignore what someone has to say on the grounds of being an outsider. If he was an ignorant outsider, maybe, but on the same grounds you should ignore what ignorant insiders have to say.

Just because he's not American, that doesn't make him wrong.

He didn't say I was wrong based on my nationality, just that he wasn't going to reply.
       If I were an american he'd have a vested interest in debating because he could swing my vote to his cause, just as I could swing his to mine. But since there is no such possibility there's not much point in him continuing on those grounds. Assuming that is the general premise of his debating in the first place.

Either way, I need to stay out of the off topic forums. So time consuming. Not to mention my country is having its own election which should bear more precedence and thought than some other country's election. Though the research and dialogue is enlightening and informing in its own right.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Oh...

Yeah I misread that. Badly. I thought you (Alkalabeth Angel) were the one who posted that, not Kazan.

Yeah...

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Isn't it Ironic, that in the end, the president has very limited power, whilst we argue over who should be the next one? That's all I have to say.  :p

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I mean your definition of middle eastern sovereignty. Not the dictionary meaning of sovereignty applied to all independent countries within the middle east.

The ability and right of countries within the middle east to govern themselves as a sovereign and independent nation rather than as a puppet state/banana republic set up by the US (or France, or Russia, or whoever).

ie Let them be.

Uhh, you are aware that just about every country in the Middle East was set up as a puppet state by the West after World War I? Iraq, for example, is a totally artificial nation, formed by Western men drawing lines on a map.

That's the root of so much of the friction there today: arbitrary state divides that don't correspond to the ethnic nations of the region.

Uhh, you are aware that just about every country in the Middle East was set up as a puppet state by the West after World War I? Iraq, for example, is a totally artificial nation, formed by Western men drawing lines on a map.

That's the root of so much of the friction there today: arbitrary state divides that don't correspond to the ethnic nations of the region.

I would not be surprised, Iran after all was a democracy until the US helped to topple it in favour on a monarchy. But how does going back in there, and setting up a new puppet state help anything? Or do they just want to perpetuate the same problems they incited before.