Author Topic: Freespace2 scp 3.6.9 window mode and problem  (Read 3066 times)

Offline FalconX

Freespace2 scp 3.6.9 window mode and problem
First the game looks fun, my first time trying it.

I'm trying to get fsport to work with 3.6.9

1. Is there any way to run the game in a windowed mode?  I didn't see that in any of the launcher options.

2. Why did it try to connect to the internet during gameplay?

3. When trying fsport I can't get past the training mission.  The instructor tells me to press / to go full speed then never gives any other instructions!! :(
     How do I fix that?

Thank you for any help, assistance in answering these questions.

Offline FalconX

Re: Freespace2 scp 3.6.9 window mode and problem
1. I found out about window mode it is under dev tool section,  run in window option.

Still not sure about the other issues.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
2. Read this.

3. To advance in the training, you need to do as the trainer tells... In other words you will need to engage full throttle by keyboard (as needless as it might sound if you have a throttle on your joystick for example). So press the key you have bound to full throttle command. Note that even if you have different keyboard layout, FS2 will interpret your keyboard as an US 104-key layout, which means that your throttle setting keys might be bound a bit differently from what it says in the game. Default full throttle key is the one located on the left side of enter key, on the second (ASDF etc.) letter row. 1/3 and 2/3 throttle keys are on the first letter row (QWERTY etc), the two keys closest to the Enter key. Zero throttle is Backspace. You can also go to the in-game settings (F2) and edit the controls so that you know which key you've bound to which command.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that you have a corrupt pilot file. Make a new pilot (or copy an old one) and try the mission again. :)
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
His question for 2 was why did it try to connect, not how to connect.

If you mean the windows firewall pop-up, I think windows firewall comes up for every program capable of accessing the internet.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Aaa. Indeed.

Well, if you want to play internet game, now you know where the instructions are. :p
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Heh.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline FalconX

If you mean the windows firewall pop-up, I think windows firewall comes up for every program capable of accessing the internet.

Normally the firewall warning should only come up when a program is *requesting* a connection. 
I don't plan on any multiplayer play,  so I am guessing it is set as a default somewhere to check for an open connection? 

Or what exactly is it trying to connect to and why?    I notice if I block access it still runs fine so I guess I will continue to do that.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I generally allow. No harm done.

Offline FalconX

Thanks,  I'm not saying anything suspicious is going on. 

I would just like to know what is actually happening.

Hopefully someone knows?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
3. When trying fsport I can't get past the training mission.  The instructor tells me to press / to go full speed then never gives any other instructions!! :(
     How do I fix that?

The problem here is that the mission checks your speed, but there's a bug in that the default top speed is too low to trigger the next part of the mission. If you divert more power to the engines, you should be fine.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.