Author Topic: X axis on right joystick doesn't respond in game  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Ceox

X axis on right joystick doesn't respond in game
I have a Logitech Chillstream gamepad that I am trying to configure with fs2 open.   All the features of the gamepad are recognized by windows and work perfectly in other games.  There are two joysticks, the left one is recognized as the x and y axes, the right one is recognized as x and y rotation axes.  In the freespace configuration both axes of the right joystick are recognized, but they are switched.  When I press the x rotation axis, it assigns the y rotation axis and vice versa.  It not only does this, but the x rotation axis doesn't respond in game.  What I'm trying to do is use the x rotation axis for banking meaning when I press left and right on the right joystick, my ship banks.  If I try to assign the y rotation axis to banking, it says in the options I've assigned the x rotation axis, and I can bank by pressing up and down on the right joystick, but this setup is pretty unintuitive.  I hope I've explained this problem correctly, it's a little confusing.  Like I said, the joystick's buttons and axes work perfectly in every other game, I'm not sure why it's not working in freespace.

Has anyone come across this problem?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: X axis on right joystick doesn't respond in game
Not 100% positive on this but you will probably need to use the software provided with the joystick/controller to map the axis to the keys FS2 uses.  I don't think FS2 can handle more than one x,y or z axis by itself. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Ceox

Mapping keys to certain axes would work, it's just that there would be no analog sensitivity sense since it would be the equivalent of a key press, but it may be my only solution.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
PPJoy should allow you to swap the axes around quite easily. This is probably far more in depth than you need but it should help.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline aRaven

I have a Logitech Chillstream gamepad that I am trying to configure with fs2 open.   All the features of the gamepad are recognized by windows and work perfectly in other games.  There are two joysticks, the left one is recognized as the x and y axes, the right one is recognized as x and y rotation axes.  In the freespace configuration both axes of the right joystick are recognized, but they are switched.  When I press the x rotation axis, it assigns the y rotation axis and vice versa.  It not only does this, but the x rotation axis doesn't respond in game.  What I'm trying to do is use the x rotation axis for banking meaning when I press left and right on the right joystick, my ship banks.  If I try to assign the y rotation axis to banking, it says in the options I've assigned the x rotation axis, and I can bank by pressing up and down on the right joystick, but this setup is pretty unintuitive.  I hope I've explained this problem correctly, it's a little confusing.  Like I said, the joystick's buttons and axes work perfectly in every other game, I'm not sure why it's not working in freespace.

Has anyone come across this problem?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

hey sorry to necrothing this thread, but I have the exact same problem using the Saitek Cyborg Rumble Pad. It would be nice if the SCP team would fix this issue.