Author Topic: slowing down?  (Read 6027 times)

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
i have always been visiting the forum, but have now been noticing a slowdown in post activity.

are we just waiting for the corella->POF exporter, then will likely see a demo?

or are people too hard at work/shcool/thins project?

it's collada->POF, not corella. but yeah, i think it's probably school. :nod:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
And a couple other high profile projects are holding people's attention right now, so instead of fighting them, we joined them :)

But don't worry, once they get through a couple of immediate goals I've got some stuff planned here.  There's a been a bit going on behind the scenes still.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline maje

Well, I've had to reformat my PC and just real life stuff in general for the past several weeks.  I haven't lost anything, thank God, but it is a setback going through all these backup discs I've made.

In any event, I'll get back to the GR-75, and quite frankly, that ship is more likely to make it into a demo than the Z-95 Mk. II (Having learned some new Photoshop tricks and additional techniques, I plan on redoing the textures again.  Also, the cockpit will be in for considerable redesign as I want it to be fairly detailed to the kind of quality we see in the movies).
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

And a couple other high profile projects are holding people's attention right now, so instead of fighting them, we joined them :)

But don't worry, once they get through a couple of immediate goals I've got some stuff planned here.  There's a been a bit going on behind the scenes still.

a note to... myself.

Just because they don't have time to take pretty pictures for me doesn't mean they're not doing anything for me.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Oh, they are making pretty pictures for you, it's just that not all of them are in the Star Wars forum ;)

Offline Topgun

and where would they be...?
anyway, school sucks.

Offline Snaga

I don't want to make a fuss of this, but when I see a comment such as
school sucks.
I tend to go ballistic. I just got accepted into a top MBA program and I KNOW (as most people here) that school doesn't suck, so please, kids stay at school and learn the real value of a good education!!! :D

Sorry to get off topic.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
school sucks.
I tend to go ballistic. I just got accepted into a top MBA program and I KNOW (as most people here) that school doesn't suck, so please, kids stay at school and learn the real value of a good education!!! :D

Sorry to get off topic.

"This was a public service announcement from your Education Department"  :lol:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Topgun

school sucks.

Sorry to get off topic.
my bad, Public school sucks.  ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
i have always been visiting the forum, but have now been noticing a slowdown in post activity.

What does post activity have to do with a project's developing? The Inferno forum has been quite a desert recently, it doesn't mean the team isn't working on the porject... :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
What does post activity have to do with a project's developing? The Inferno forum has been quite a desert recently, it doesn't mean the team isn't working on the porject... :)

I assure you that the FotG team are certainly not working on the "porject".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:34:03 pm by brandx0 »
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Topgun

well I might.... possibly.... (no, not really)

Do you see activity on the TotT forum? No, but we have still accomplished a lot.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Do you see activity on the TotT forum? No, but we have still accomplished a lot.

Screenshot or it didn't happen.
---
Sometimes, we can tell if things are actually happening behind the scenes. Sometimes we can't. The fact remains though, nothing us outsiders do will change the state of things.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

I assure you that the FotG team are certainly not working on the "porject".

The first one is the one that counts. ;)

Damn typos...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, no, not really. I mena it ocudl mean something completely different.

Screenshot or it didn't happen.
---
Sometimes, we can tell if things are actually happening behind the scenes. Sometimes we can't. The fact remains though, nothing us outsiders do will change the state of things.

:P

actually, we can't give you a damn screenshot of in-game stuff without spoiling all of it. Unless we blur it and call it a mystery pic.

In Australia, it's exam season.

Yes.

I'm procastinating.
'Alea iacta est'
'The die is cast'
-Gaius Julius Caesar

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
*sigh*  Titan, what's this 'we' stuff?  You don't have anything to take screenshots with...
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays