Author Topic: Recent Builds section inactivity  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Recent Builds section inactivity
I know we're in a feature freeze while 3.6.10 gets bugfixed, but...

Does the lack of new topics mean nobody is tinkering with the code at all, or what?

(I noticed I can't post in there, but wasn't sure if that's a forum bug or because I'm not an SCP member)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Recent Builds section inactivity
They're probably focusing on bugfixing, what's the point in releasing builds with bugs regurarly if you can work on the bugs themselves?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Shade

Code freeze has been going on for a while now. The reason there's less activity there is the new nightly builds forum, where normal builds are now posted. Recent builds is used only for dedicated test builds for specific features now.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Code freeze has been going on for a while now. The reason there's less activity there is the new nightly builds forum, where normal builds are now posted. Recent builds is used only for dedicated test builds for specific features now.

Which, if none of us actually said so yet, is a brilliant idea.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. Sometimes it would take me longer to build executables, archive them upload and link them than it actually took to find and fix the bug.

Now I don't have to.

Recent builds is likely to stay quiet during the code freeze but it will get busy soon after 3.6.10 is out as there are a lot features that aren't in the 3.6.10 branch which need testing.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Thanks a bunch, I'm glad you like it Ryan.  I only hope that while not working on in-trunk bugs, coders are working to make sure their features on hold are as stable as possible so we can have a very short turnaround time in the post-3.6.10 world.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays