Author Topic: A question about Vasudan culture  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Krelus

A question about Vasudan culture
I'm making a campaign, and the initial conflict involves an anti-government terrorist force consisting of both Terrans and Vasudans. My question is this: Would Vasudans be at all likely to rebel like this? The HOL would seem to suggest that they are, but superstition tends to be a bigger motivator than politics.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: A question about Vasudan culture
Superstition can play into politics, you know :P
If some Emperor ran around breaking every taboo in existence, I'd think some Vasudans wouldn't be too happy.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I don't see why not. Assuming you've played FS2, remember the Admiral who attacks Bosch against orders. That's a comparatively big no-no, especially for someone with such high authority (ie an Admiral). Basically what I'm saying is that there's precedence for Vasudans "doing bad things", I don't think anyone would necessarily disbelieve your story line if it was presented well enough.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The same admiral who later becomes a key figure in the BWO demo, I might add! Good bit of continuity on their part.

Offline eliex

I definitely think that <certain> Vasudans can turn out differently than others. I mean, there is so many splinter groups of Terrans who abide by different morals and ideals so certainly not all Vasudans will be clones.

Offline Krelus

OK, thanks, guys. I wasn't saying Vasudans are clones, just that certain species are prone to certain things XD

And yeah, I forgot about the first SOC loop. That pretty much makes my case right there >.>

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Vasudans have been known to commit violent acts contrary to the wishes of the ruling government. I mean, just look at the entire freaking Hammer of Light rebellion.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Solatar

It's all about how you tell it.

Offline Krelus

Aye, I figured as much, but I just wanted to verify so I didn't get half the campaign done and it turns out I'd have to completely redo the premise of the first 5-10 missions >.>

Have you played Procyon Insurgency? It worked out well there
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Have you played Procyon Insurgency? It worked out well there

It makes you wonder if Dasmar's a good person... :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
Anyone played the online campain that comes with FS2 retail? I recommend looking at it.
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Anyone played the online campain that comes with FS2 retail? I recommend looking at it.
Templar?

Templar?

That would be the obvious answer.

Offline Solatar

I see the Vasudans as remarkably similiar to Terrans. Even the tech description describes a planet that could conceivably be close to ours. Hell, 98% of OUR water is undrinkable, even by human standards. Although Earth has 7 continents, dividing them into two large ones isn't really beyond the realm of imagination.

I find it hard to believe 100% of them are entirely unified. With a large population, you have to have some dissent.

Offline Krelus

Again, thanks for all the verification. I'm being very paranoid with this one when it comes to discrepancies. I was going with the line of thought that every species has something they probably wouldn't do. For instance, a beaver probably wouldn't charge something in a bloodthirsty rage. Abstract analogy, but that's what led to this thread's creation.

So, Vasudan terrorists it is. Awesome.  :wakka: