Author Topic: Charlie Gavin of BlankPixels interviews Galemp!  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Charlie Gavin of BlankPixels interviews Galemp!
Pete Oliver (aka Galemp) is the driving force behind the port of Freespace 1 to the second game's engine. If you've never heard of the Freespace games, they're a series of space combat sim games. In short, they're really cool, although the last game was released back in 1999. Fortunately, there's a very dedicated community over at Hard-Light.net that focuses almost exclusively on this games and the fan made content that followed.

...Now be nice to them and increment their hit counter.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:58:54 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Charlie Gavin of BlankPixels interviews Galemp!
LOL the BDHR mission is highlited in the multi screen.    :pimp:
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I wish these people would spell it FreeSpace like they should.

Even :v: makes that mistake.

Offline eliex

You mean Freespace with a capital "S"?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I just got around to reading this more carefully. Good to see the FS community getting more exposure, and I like your general comments on what game modding involves.

A little off topic, but following up on this:

The coders do a damn good job of checking everything that gets submitted to see if it could break multiplayer. It's something that could have just been cut, and 90% of the community wouldn't have cared... but multi's too much fun!

There were problems with most of the new SCP sexps not working in multiplayer at one point. Is that still the case or were they eventually fixed?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
There were problems with most of the new SCP sexps not working in multiplayer at one point. Is that still the case or were they eventually fixed?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55121.0.html

No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The changes are planned but probably won't be worked on until after 3.6.10.

This will be done sooner or later though. I keep getting annoyed when my cool new mission ideas don't work because one SEXP or another has no effect or only works on the server.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]