Author Topic: Mirror's Edge  (Read 8403 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I don't. I just expect less/limits on what i can do when i buy console versions.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

This is a definitive buy for me since i used to do Parkour/Free running. Brings me back :P

I love the idea, but I doubt I'll get more than one play through of this game. The gameplay seems to...stale.

Sure, the trailers look awesome, but the only thing I imagine when playing this game is doing those 5 minutes of gameplay over and over again.

But then again, that's just my innate cynicism talking. EA isn't exactly known for the best games, though, in my book.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
That Demo is
AWESOME!!!
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
This is the kind of game that justifies purchasing 3D glasses to play it with... ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Vidmaster

finished the full game. Cool. Short but cool.

Only thing that bothers me are the insurrance-like comic cutscenes :ick: . They feel so out of place.
Ingame cinematics are nice but those are just plain ugly. Guess they had a serious time problemt there.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
portal ... NEEDS a map creator.
:wtf:

Exactly,  :wtf:

You never heard of the hammer editor?
sorry, I know that portal has the editor, but I was trying to say that the replay-ability of the game is dependent on its (map editor's)  inclusion
demo was quite fun, but am now re-disappointed by EA in that the game does not have an editor, likely for a sequel  :doubt:
^yeah, those cinematics look lame,

There you Mirror's Edge fans, yahtzee ripped the game a new one: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/457-Mirrors-Edge

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
There you Mirror's Edge fans, yahtzee ripped the game a new one: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/457-Mirrors-Edge

Yahtzee outdid himself on that one. It's enough to forgive the Fallout 3 review.  :lol:

Offline Bluecap

• There I am and - what? Now I'm gone!
Yahtzee outdid himself on that one. It's enough to forgive the Fallout 3 review.  :lol:

Code: [Select]
essflawcondodgeckindesimudstorliketersockity
 :lol: :D

I love ZP.
"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was 'Oh no, not again'. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that, we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now." - HHGTG, Douglas Adams

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
ZP pwns!
and the fact that EA suspended a map amker/editor for a SEQUEL is the other nail in the coffin

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
no edit:
divine realisation

wouldn;t it be somethin if it turned out that, during a *sequel* you find out you are "delivering bombs to terrorists so they can't plant them under their sliver-haired mums"?

THAT would be a decent twist

Offline Vidmaster

ME is not selling well, probably there won't be the announced trilogy.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Source?

That really sucks if it's true. A sequel would have a good chance of ironing out a lot of its flaws. More importantly, if this fails EA's going to be even less likely to take risks in future.

Offline Vidmaster

The source is a german gaming website called demonews.de, which is usually very reliable.
In case you can't speak German, Ransom, those two numbers are sold units in Europe and USA in the first week.

http://demonews.de/kurznachrichten/index.php?shortnews=18545

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Damn. That is pretty dismal.

They were shooting for something like three million in total sales, too.

They were shooting for something like three million in total sales, too.

I wouldn't give up hope yet. Think of all the movies that sucked and still got a sequel.

Or maybe another company will rip off the game but do a better job.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
      I wouldn't give up hope yet. Think of all the movies that sucked and still got a sequel.

Or maybe another company will rip off the game but do a better job.
Bronze Mirror's Edge!
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
That isn't how the industry works. Those movies got sequels because they sold well.

Offline Vidmaster

new numbers: 300,000 copies sold in USA on BOTH consoles (numbers from last week).
That's bad.
Hopes are on the PC version now.

I guess it depends on how you judge a game purchase-worthy. I've always bought on quality, never length.

me too. And you can't deny that ME is brilliant fun, fleeing from choppers, doging bullets, racing and kicking through hordes of police officers. And who needs that stupid RunnersVision, first thing I did when getting the game (before even trying it out) was turning it out  :).
SpeedRunning through known chapters sucks, that's right. But the core mechanics are just awesome.

You're a Prince of Persia fan too Ransom?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:57:02 am by Vidmaster »