Author Topic: SEXPs affecting future ships in a wing  (Read 1022 times)

SEXPs affecting future ships in a wing

I'm sure this has to have come up before but damn if I can find it.  How can I affect future ships in a wing with SEXPs??  For instance: A 4-ship wing called Beta.  Betas 1-4, I can select when building SEXPs, but once that initial quad of fighters is killed off, how I can ensure that Betas 5-8 and so on will be affected by the events I'm building, if I can't even select them in FRED since they haven't spawned yet?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: SEXPs affecting future ships in a wing
I've tried to do this over and over again and never found a good solution for it.  If the sexp allows you to select the wing itself then you are OK but if it only allows individual ships then all I can say is have fun trying.  I did have some luck using when-argument but gave up on that when I ran into another bug.  If I ever get it working I'll let you know. 

Also you could try fake wings.  Basically 4 wings named Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, and Beta 4.  The ships for the Beta 3 wing would them be named Beta 3 1, Beta 3 2 etc. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
A bug with when-argument? I thought I'd solved most of those last month. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well I haven't worked on that mission in months so you probably did but the bug I ran into was the multiple engine one.  3.6.9 didn't have a way to tell if a single engine was repaired.  I can probably get that mission working now.  Or at least the repair part. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah. I fixed that one. Hits-left-subsystem can be used for single engines now if you supply the 3rd argument.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]