Author Topic: Hostile Waters  (Read 10627 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I never finished that damn game.

It was good but my (LEGALLY BAUGHT) version always told me that I was using a corrupted CD. A NO-CD solved the problem but screwed up the language settings, which was kind of silly.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Roanoke

You can get it on ebay, Amazon etc for next to nothing.

Offline Roanoke

Hey I've finally reached "that" mission.   :D

Offline Vidmaster

Bought a new version for christmas (4 Euro)  :lol: . Enjoying the game right now. Finally, banters and so on work!
Currently problem is the mission were you get the first laser. Game crashes EVERY time when Church gives the message  :sigh:

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Is this with the patch? There was one released for Hostile Waters. I needed it to fix a joystick bug which made the game unplayable otherwise.

Offline Vidmaster

yes, it's with the German version of the patch. Finally got an error:
Failed to allocate 85c000 bytes of memory

trying to reinstall.

(I remember that problem...     ...I just don't know how I fixed it anymore. Compatibility Mode doesn't)

Offline Vidmaster

now I know, it works without the patch  :D

Offline Roanoke

I didn't know there was a patch. Never needed one.  :doubt:

Offline Vidmaster

Crap, Island Zero (frozen over, I think it's m19) is frustrating. Managed to take out all three central hangars by using the carrier's cannons and my cloaked scout Puma but they are still coming at me and so few resources  :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The first time I did that one I think I did it by establishing a beach head very close to the carrier with Sharks and Phoenixes. I allowed the enemy to attack for a good few minutes then I pushed the beachhead forwards a few metres and scavenged up all the enemy dead.

Gave me enough to make a real push into the island. :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Sometimes scouting out the outer regions of the map can reveal pockets of resources as well, though I'm not certain about that particular level.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
*snip*
Is that the one you have to rescue the Behemoth?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Vidmaster

lots of derricks in every corner.
I like to use kara's beachhead tactic as well, then push forward with heavy artillery units and my personal flamethrower hovercraft...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
*snip*
Is that the one you have to rescue the Behemoth?

It's a couple of missions before that one I think. It's the one straight after you have to protect the Cabal town from the new species. The one where you find out what actually happened to the Cabal leaders. 

Offline Roanoke

I find a Shark with twin missiles can nail just about anything. Patton with a Shark and Warhammer is great for taking fixed defences while I cover. Same with Madson and a laser equipped chopper but he tends to wander into the range of othetr stuff.
Best to use hovercraft as you can pull back beyond the range of hostile ground units.

IIRC nearly all the resoures come from the (destroyed) hostile base wreckages.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
It's a couple of missions before that one I think. It's the one straight after you have to protect the Cabal town from the new species. The one where you find out what actually happened to the Cabal leaders. 
Oh. That one. Most of my resources come from destroyed alien wreckage. My Recycler tends to move up with me. I used the beach head tactic too, but I used a Rhino with a Warhammer for Patton. In case he gets flanked, he can live long enough for Korolev or Ransom to save his plastic-chip ass. I personally take a Shark with twin Scalpels. I get marginally more range than flamethrowers.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm on the Behemoth mission now, forgot how much of a pain it could be.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Damn straight. Rushing head long over water to storm a fortified position against the clock.

Offline Roanoke

Damn straight. Rushing head long over water to storm a fortified position against the clock.

Sure you've got the right mission ? The behemoth is a stealthy mission but it's plenty dull.