Author Topic: RELEASE: Flames of War - Coming of the Storm  (Read 70536 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: RELEASE: Flames of War - Coming of the Storm
So... In fear of sounding like a 14yo youtube commenter:

MOAR PLZ!

:yes:

Maybe...maybe. I have things to do and prepare, but God willing, one day I will make the final chapter.
As to what I am doing..well:
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/294/phnh2.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9176/archyrework14.jpg
and this:
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=75&topic=10654.0

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

So... In fear of sounding like a 14yo youtube commenter:

MOAR PLZ!

:yes:

Maybe...maybe. I have things to do and prepare, but God willing, one day I will make the final chapter.
As to what I am doing..well:
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/294/phnh2.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9176/archyrework14.jpg
and this:
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=75&topic=10654.0

I'm liking that first fighter (phoenix mk II?)

I have one problem with the campaign.  On mission three, after I kill 2 waves of pirates or so, nothing happens.  Eventually the AWACS warps out, but I have no order to depart.  If I warp out, I get no debriefing, and I have failed the mission.

You are supposed to cut your engines when the pirates arrive and wait for them to jump out before moving again, not kill them. Do you read the ingame dialog? Then jump out and follow the AWACS after it jumps. I fixed the grammar and spelling in all missions and improved upon the grammar in them and might have changed some sentences into complete sentences, and Trashman uploaded the modified version to freespacemods.net.

Thanks.  When my wingman said to cut power, I thought he was ordering the pirates to surrender.

Offline est1895

Hello. I'm still having trouble getting it to work period.  I am not able to play any of the missions because I when I select the campaign mod and select it, I still get the same error. Please some tell me of a certain build I need or so. :shaking:

Hello. I'm still having trouble getting it to work period.  I am not able to play any of the missions because I when I select the campaign mod and select it, I still get the same error. Please some tell me of a certain build I need or so. :shaking:

Everyone should be using the 3.6.10 RC2 build now

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
What exactly was the error? Can you be more specific?

Offline est1895

sorry guys...I found the mistake..thank you for your time :)

Well..I put the files in a different way...can't remember how but, now mission 5 won't let me have any weapons and it won't let me steer the plane.   :sigh:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:55:50 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
The one with destroying the pirate base? :wtf:

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw
Well..I put the files in a different way...can't remember how but, now mission 5 won't let me have any weapons and it won't let me steer the plane.   :sigh:

WTF "Plane"? Cool! Gotta remember that.

"To your space planes pilots!"
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

Offline est1895

Yes it was the Pirate Base.  Sorry Zamie, I don't fly'em...I just relay the info :lol:

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
That is...strange...Did you make a new pilot? What fighter did you select?

Offline est1895

well I found that when you goto the campaign room, its says"Gates" and thats where I'm stuck :confused:

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Gates is a bonus, 3 mission intro campaign.

If you're not seeing Flames of War in the campaign list, then something is definately very wrong.

Offline pietraz

Hi!

In the beginning I'd like to say that this campaign truly rocks. New ships, weapons 'n' stuff are all cool... But I'd love to see them not only in the database...
To cut to the chase, I have serious problems with the second mission (where you capture the goddamned asteroid). They just kill it. Even if I give the "Ignore my target" order...

I tried making it invincible, so it eventually "sorts out" the fighters and pounded every single turret, installation and subsystem inside, still to no avail... It just won't turn to neutral... Am I doing something wrong? I've went through all 10 pages of this thread and saw that people had some problems, but after they disabled the generator all was fine. Well, not with me, apparently.

Any solution TrashMan? Please, I'd love to play through it all, but I just can't...

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well he's monkeyed at the moment (similar to a ban in it's simplest form), but he should be back sometime soon to answer your question, because as it stands I can't, sorry.

Offline pietraz

I somehow managed to push the plot forward. I've multiplied Knox's HP by 10 and fortunately I had enough time to listen to everything and stuff and then disable the damned installation so it went neutral... The idiots kept firing on it, however o.O

Thanks for the concern, nevertheless ;)

The sooner you take out the generater and it turns to friendly status, the less they should attack it. I forgot but I think it turns to friendly status. If it didn't, than I should have fixed that when I did the mission playthroughs. I can check the file to see if it does.
They don't shoot LESS... They just keep hosing down lasers at it, point blank, even the battlecruiser... Fortunately enough, it doesn't use its beams...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:56:24 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
As soon as it's disabeled it should switch to neutral and friendly ships should stop shooting. Look like some event failed to trigger.

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Yup. Just tested it. Even doesn't trigger properly. I'll have to fiddle a bit with this mission. And probably reduce the afterburner for the Kulas.

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Small announcement. I just uploaded a COTS_FIX file that includes all the fixes and modifications I made to the mission and tables.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2c937bcb38ef65c1ab1eab3e9fa335ca25c30194ef361344

(Link on first post too)

Includes a bunch of missions, ships and weapons tables and 2 nameplates.

I think I adressed every issue brought up in this thread (there's a no briefing variant of the mission 05a too). Balance is improved in some mission, there are more rewards to earn nd stuff. Enjoy.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Are you planning to create a single VP file storing all contents? I could hardly find all the files I need and I'm still having problems...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]