Author Topic: 3.6.10 fs2netd problems  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Trakus

3.6.10 fs2netd problems
Just recently downloaded Fsopen to my computer , now before anybody ask yes i did follow step by step instruction how to setup Netd with 3.6.10 but for some reason i try to connect and i recieve a message stating " Failed to connect to fs2netd"

Now last night I played on 3.6.9 although it didn't store my stats I was able to connect and play online

Can anyone help me out here

Offline Shade

Re: 3.6.10 fs2netd problems
If you have a file in your /<freespace-dir>/data/ directory called multi.cfg, delete it and try again.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Trakus

Thanks much that worked

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
If you have a file in your /<freespace-dir>/data/ directory called multi.cfg, delete it and try again.
That shouldn't be an issue with current builds.  The problem there was that it didn't work with the retail multi.cfg, but the newest code will translate retail entries into their default FS2NetD counterparts.

Just FYI, since not getting people to the newer builds means that they will experience numerous FS2NetD related bugs. :)

Offline Shade

Good to know that's fixed :) The retail multi.cfg has been the number one reason for FS2NetD connection problems for the last year or so.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've seen a few instances where this occurs from old PXO multi.cfg files that aren't stock.  PXO did change IP's at one time requiring you to connect via IP for for a couple of days while the DNS propagated.  A lot of us probably just left the IP address in there. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

well, if nobody else is...

:welcomeblue:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!